Monday, November 20, 2006

A Tale of Two Hookers

Well, Las Vegas wasn’t what I expected, but who expects to be there less than six hours and have the shit beat out of you? Not me, my friends, not me.

But that’s exactly what happened. On Thursday night, after a great time at the little VIP room in Tao, my friend and I got jumped by hookers (arguably) who stole what little cash we had and our cell phones. I’ve never been punched in the face before, and I’d say the experience was certainly a bit less physically painful than I expected, particularly since I had several drinks. I could have stood to not get kicked in the head as much, and the hair pulling is also really annoying, but all and all there was nothing broken and nothing warranting a hospital visit. My friend had about the same injuries as me, but she was also bitten, which is scary. She’ll get it checked out, but it looked like that bitch didn’t break the skin.

So while I am sporting two black eyes and a swollen jaw, I am physically fine and certainly feel lucky that nothing worse happened.

But emotionally, it is pretty awful. I haven’t cried that much in a long, long while. I haven’t ever really felt like a victim before, and I can’t imagine what people who have more serious injuries or trauma must go through.

Bad things happen to people all the time. Terrible things that seriously change them for the rest of their lives. This probably won’t take but a couple months to get over, and I’m thankful for that. It will become a funny story to tell (jumped by hookers in Vegas while their pimps watched) and while the bruises look bad, just a couple tablets of Advil have made this almost totally painless.

But the world does look and feel a little different. I’m not sure how long it will take for the emotions to fade, but what happened in Vegas certainly did not stay in Vegas. I thought about not really posting or talking about all this, but I feel like that would be dishonest because it did happen for whatever reason, and maybe writing about it will help.

I'm home now and certainly don't need you to worry or feel bad for me because I am very lucky that it wasn't worse. Oh, and if I had it before, email me your number cause a hooker has my cell phone.

25 Comments:

Blogger JoJo said...

So relieved to hear you're ok. Sorry that you had such a horrible time.

2:15 PM  
Blogger nick d said...

Honestly there's not much I wanna say other than I'm totally sorry and glad to hear you and your friend are okay. I mean holy cow. i doubt anyone here is anything but shocked.

I hope there was something salvaged from the whole trip tho! I know you have to have a few good memories. And thats what you should hold on to, b/c you're right bad shit happens all the damn time to good people. But dont let that stop ya.

2:21 PM  
Blogger KassyK said...

O M G V I am so sorry...Jesus.

2:32 PM  
Blogger Sean said...

"What does not kill me, makes me stronger"

Sorry for the Nietzche quote, but it's the first thing that popped into my head :-)

Hang in there kid, you'll be laughing about it in no time. Even with the new makeup job, I'll bet you're still HOT HOT HOT!

Perhaps you will write about it a little more later....

3:08 PM  
Anonymous AUA said...

Damn, that's some tough luck. I'm glad to hear that, in the grand scheme of things, you're okay.

3:10 PM  
Blogger Virgle Kent said...

Wow! I can honestly say this is one of the few times in my life that I can say that I’m speechless and a little shock. I hope you’re ok, you and your friend are tough girls and like you said I’m sure you will laugh about this in a couple of months but right now just get your mind right. Wow!

3:19 PM  
Blogger VP of Dior said...

dear lord, that is awful! and their pimps just watched?!??!

3:30 PM  
Blogger Needtsza said...

HOLY JESUS!!!!

I thought I had it bad when I was sick for 2 straights days of the 4 I was there.

I'm ssooo sorry for you two.

At least the sunglasses at poker would make literal sense though, no? =/

5:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm SO sorry to hear what happened to you, how incredibly horrible. I, myself, have secondhand experience of a terribly traumatic incident, and yes, it definitely might be some time before all feels well in the world again. Keep your chin up.
BR (a close friend of KassyK's)

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Martin said...

Good grief! How terrible! I'm glad you and your friend are (mostly) all right. I'm so sorry to hear that your trip got marred in such a fashion.

6:31 PM  
Blogger E :) said...

I'm so sorry to hear about this. I hope you make a speedy recovery, both emotionally and physically.

11:56 PM  
Blogger NotCarrie said...

Holy shit! Glad you're okay. Wow..

12:05 AM  
Blogger Patrick J. Fitzgerald said...

Are you sure it was not Nevada Gov.-elect Gibbons (in drag) and his wife you ran into?

Glad to hear that you are OK. :D

8:16 AM  
Blogger Phil said...

Holy s---.

That's terrible, V. I hope you guys are ok..

9:39 AM  
Blogger ejtakeslife said...

You poor girl! I'm so sorry to read this, but hope that sharing it helped you. Thank goodness nothing worse happened.

9:45 AM  
Blogger Patrick J. Fitzgerald said...

This reminds me of a scene in Bachelor Party...thank God you didn't run into a large group of Japanese businessmen!

PS: an often refreshed tumbler full of ice and Jameson might help bring down the swelling...

10:00 AM  
Anonymous Sweet said...

Sorry dear. And like everyone else, I'm so glad you're alright.

11:17 AM  
Blogger honeykbee said...

Man that SUCKS! Terrible, just terrible. Glad you told us... maybe one of your faithful followers will wind up in Vegas one day and return the favor.

2:02 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

Oh my. How awful that this happened to you. I'm so sorry that this ridiculous act will impact your world view, at least for a while. :(

2:05 PM  
Blogger Freckled K said...

I'm so sorry. Glad you are okay.

4:13 PM  
Anonymous hedonistic said...

Oh, wow. What rotten luck! Hope you're feeling better.

4:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a similar experience, but it was in DC and involved guns. Pretty soon you will start to feel a lot tougher, so the next time you're in Vegas and get approached by some bitches in heels, you'll be ready to tell them to bring it on!

2:04 PM  
Blogger Namaste said...

This similarly involves one of my worst nightmares--being attached by an angry drag queen. So sorry to hear of this. Getting punched and robbed is no fun.

2:30 PM  
Blogger ODB said...

I was once jumped, it happened when I was young, so people who look like gangbangers get discriminated by me now, because those who wronged me in my past. I started lifting weights, and am built like a professional athelete I have a don' f^@k! with me look that I can pull out if need be. An if someone attempts to assuault or rob me they better know I would bury those cockroaches Tony Montana style, then be a victom of random violence again.

-Survival of the Fittest, is a part of my new motto for life.

4:07 PM  
Blogger *A* said...

WOW this is so crazy! Kassy told me what happened and I still can't believe it when pretty girls get beat up for no reason....I am so sorry, I hope you heal soon.

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com