Wednesday, November 15, 2006

My video ho opportunity slips by

Today was particularly crazy with press conferences and whatnot. The good news is it’s over, and I’m going to spend my evening packing for Vegas and polishing off the remaining packet of Easy Mac and bottle of champagne (the only two things left in my apartment, which might “go bad” while I’m gone for the next week).

So while Vegas will be what the kids call pimp shit, I am also looking forward to my week after in the Sooner State with my family and friends. In addition to the glories of “working from home,” which generally means pinot noir during the day, I will only be "working" on projects that can be done while watching TV. Sweet.

I’m looking forward to getting away and doing some writing (I’ve got several things piled up) and there is something so refreshing about being back home, particularly, the drink prices ($1.00 for Boulevard Wheat drafts!!!).

One sad point, however, is that I will miss being in a real country music video by one day. On the Main Street of my hometown, country sing Keith Anderson will be shooting his "Podunk" Video and giving a free concert.

Sigh, I always wanted to be a video ho, even if it's on CMT.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ashburnite said...

ooohh...I'm not into country music, but he is hot!

6:42 PM  
Blogger OC said...

That would've been so exciting. I'd take that XXL home anytime.

9:01 AM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

I still can't believe that you of all people, have never been to Vegas. You're going to love it. The shopping, the drinks, the gambling, the food(!!) Gah, you're going to have so much fun.

And no matter what anyone else says, ride the roller coaster at New York, New York and visit Hermes in the Bellagio. And the TI show at night.

I am ridiculously jealous. Have a wonderful time.

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com