Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Did any bloggers get with that CNN reporter last night?

Maybe it was just the tears on the tender cheeks of Rick Santorum's homeschooled children, but last night, as I slogged through my second bottle of wine with three whiskied up dudes, it was nice to be optimistic about the future. I’m not saying the democrats aren’t going to fuck it up, but at least we get to make our own mistakes.

Of course my election watching party goers groaned when I suggested we actually watch the blogger segment on CNN (Hello, we have friends to spot who are walking back and forth from the bathroom in front of the camera at CQ on CSPAN’s broadcast!!!). But, these blog naysayers suddenly changed their tune once they locked their blurred vision on CNN’s Abbi Tatton. Damn, that woman is a fox, so to speak.

She was interviewing bloggers at Tryst (check that foxy picture out) where the election "party" was being held, and she was like a beacon of beauty in a sea of, well, bloggers…POLITICAL BLOGGERS (eeeeewww). Liz Gorman took some more great (read: hilarious) photos at the event (i would have uploaded a couple but blogger is being a bitch).

And, you know that my first hope was that one of those suave, charming bloggers bedded Abbi, but um, well, talking to girls is not exactly a strong suit in those circles.

Of course if someone was to bed Abbi Tatton, my money was on my former poker playin buddy and favorite crazy conservative blogger Mike Krempasky who was interviewed by the lovely Abbi. If drunken memory serves, Mike was rocking the suit coat and jeans during their one-on-one stand up interview (schwing), but he started going on about various republican topics, you know, loser talk. Worse than that is the fact that Abbi works at CNN…the Clinton News Network. You’re not getting her into the sack that way, my friend. Poorly played Mike, what a total misuse of valuable face time. Are your geeky readers from the suburbs of Virginia going to keep you warm like a snuggle-fest with Abbi the morning after? I don’t think so.

Okay, creepy blogger-on-blogger reporter fantasies aside, my drunken friends are not the only ones who love her. Check out this site appropriately titled I luv Abbi Tatton. This post explains a little more about what Abbi means to them (and all of us).

So fess up! Did any bloggers get with Abbi last night (or at least buy her another martini)? Truth!

9 Comments:

Blogger Bad at Life said...

I just saw her picture on wonkette. Clearly this talent is being under-utilized by CNN...either that, or they were running an interesting sociological experiment by unleashing her on a bar full of political bloggers.

12:57 PM  
Blogger V said...

Agreed, they've got her on internets duty, clearly she's ready for more camera time.

It would have been pretty sweet to see some those political bloggers step up to the plate with her :)

1:13 PM  
Blogger Sean said...

Slightly off topic, but anyone claiming to be a "political blogger" (Not talking about those who just feel like blogging about it sometimes, so save it.) deserves a very polite bitchslap. It would certainly be for their own good. I mean really....who the fuck do they think they are? A person with an OPINION? Wow, how amazing. Drink your 4 dollar coffee and STFU. Good thing you bought the REALLY small laptop considering where it's going.


My name is Sean, and I approved this message.

4:35 PM  
Blogger Sandra Dee said...

A political watch party! That's a good idea. And with wine and whiskey, you can't go wrong.

I'm just glad those campaign ads are over with. Ugh!

7:42 AM  
Blogger Needtsza said...

know of any local games coming up?

I gotta get ready for a run at AC

1:43 PM  
Blogger Simon said...

Personally, had I been there (and, perhaps more importantly, were single), I'd have been making a bee line for Althouse rather than Tatton, but perhaps I'm just peculiar like that...

2:48 PM  
Blogger Mike Krempasky said...

Damn. I knew something was off.

Cranky much, Sean? I'm a guy who works in politics that has a blog about politics. Political blogger seems at least in the right ballpark.

5:53 PM  
Blogger Mike Krempasky said...

btw, this "former" poker buddy crap has to get fixed. I could seriously play some cards.

5:55 PM  
Blogger V said...

Hey Mike:
Yeah, sean's a crank (but he's our crank) so don't sweat it :)

Totally agree, I'll put together a post-Turkey day game sometime soon and let you know.

Of course my dream is a big, nasty blogger poker game...there are more than you'd think who can actually play :)

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com