Thursday, October 05, 2006

Yeas & Neas: We Represented, Yo

A kind blogger forwarded me her invite (thanks again) to the DC Examiner Yeas & Neas party so I grabbed my hot date Kathryn and off we went.

My expectations were to see colorful “famous for DC” types and perhaps hear some gossip about gossip columnists.

I’ll be honest, if it wasn’t for Mike Grass, Mr. WaPo Express, the event would have been a bust. Not only is Mike great for pointing out who is who, but he usually has a little back story to keep such stuffy events fun and interesting.

Kathryn and I were also treated to meeting Mr. Wonkette, Alex Pareene, (sporting a very sharp corduroy suit) and the lovely Wonkette photographer Liz (PS Liz: just give me the word, sista) who were getting some needed beer and respite from all Foley all the time.

And aside from seeing Patrick Gavin (Um, he was wearing a red tie!!!) and some truly heinous happy hour wear (is that shirt comprised of two Punky Brewster scarves tied together???), there was little else to see except for several more glasses of Merlot.

Oh, I absolutely cannot forget to mention that I had a great chat with the lovely Brunch Bird and her charming significant other. She’s a hottie my friends, regulation.

And the goodie bags. I lifted this photo (from Miss Bird's post) of one of our "swag" items --a bottle of Yeas & Neas wine --as well as a rather large DC Examiner wine key (the gift that keeps on giving) and copy of said paper. Lovely.

So maybe it's not fair of me to judge this party a snooze, particularly since my standards may be a wee bit high considering my last event at the University Club was filled with professional poker players, cigars and Hard A. So, I'll just say, like the fat girl at the prom, I was just happy to be invited.

Oh, and a great dinner with Mike and Kathryn at 15 Ria followed by drinks at Lucky Strike w/ K’s BP certainly did increase the quality level to make it a very nice evening spent.

14 Comments:

Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said...

It was a blast, as are all my nights with you, my dear.

Still trying to figure out why I feel bad. Two glasses of unidentified white wine followed by a blueberry mojito followed by a raspberry champagne martini is a perfectly kosher combo, no?

Don't forget we skipped out on two LOVELY gentlemen. Grass was our knight in shining armor forillforill.

9:19 AM  
Blogger V said...

Ditto, fo sho.

Totally kosher. I blame my hang over on the weather.

Oh shesh, I forgot about those gents, funny stuff :)

9:33 AM  
Blogger TC The Terrible said...

Like the pimple faced boy in Star Trek under-oos I'm jealous that I never get invited anywhere. :-(

9:37 AM  
Blogger V said...

TC: Just be like me and crash it or go for other more important people who were actually invited.

Works like a charm so far :)

10:22 AM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

Ok, I know I say this constantly, but I really, really mean it; We must start hanging out more. You know, besides the occasional HH where I show off my lameness. K?

11:10 AM  
Blogger V said...

H: I agree, been saying it too :) Drop me and line when you got some free time and we'll knock a few back.

12:17 PM  
Blogger The View from Dupont said...

sounds you like have the system down to a science - do you teach this as well?

If you do, I'm sure I'm not the only student you'd have in DC.

12:53 PM  
Blogger V said...

TVFD: To be honest, I think others are better at it than me. But, I have found that just finding out about stuff is the most important (and hardest) part. Hell, once you know where and when to show up, all you have to do is dress the part and act like you belong there.

Most people will just let you pass with a smile or just ignore you altogether.

I've gotten back stage at shows / VIP clubs this way and met some pretty cool (and not cool) famous people that way as well (if you're into the star-fucker kind of thing).

1:07 PM  
Blogger Velvet said...

Out late and posting before 9 a.m.? God damn woman, you are good.

1:56 PM  
Blogger V said...

Velvet: Yeah, hang overs are better than alarm clocks :)

3:12 PM  
Anonymous mgrass said...

I had a wonderful time. Hopefully I didn't look too disheveled the entire night. The photo on Wonkette doesn't make me look all that nice. Direct shot, into the light. Oh well.

3:48 PM  
Blogger V said...

Mike: Not at all, considering it was something like 108 degress in there I think we all kept it together pretty well.

3:55 PM  
Blogger Needtsza said...

ah. so you met "Jesus" huh?

that when you started playing?

11:06 PM  
Blogger Brunch Bird said...

I got stuck with "women" on Wonkette. Next time I call "tawdry"!

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com