Friday, October 13, 2006

Additional Input on Ankle Boots

Fine. I'm really needy today. First it's the the blog/blogger survey(thanks to the nine of you who answered it and additional five who looked at it and thought about answering it) and please do go check it out if you haven't already.

So, if there are any almost 5:00 slackers like me out there, I ask: what is your opinion about ankle boots? Do I have the emotional capacity for such a thing?

Consider, I have yet to try leggings under anything so I am hesistant to bust these bad boys out.

But I have a pair. They are brown with stitches

I have a couple knee length skirts so what, with black tights it would be okay?

I consulted About.com:
"Ankle Boots: Ankle boots can really do a number on some women's legs, making them seem bulkier and shorter than they actually are. Women with very thin legs might also struggle pulling off this look, as skinny calves could appear to be swimming inside of ankle boots. If you love your legs, give it a shot, otherwise stick with a less risky option."

Yikes. Then again, who knows, maybe you can give me your opinion when I see you in a couple hours at the Big Hunt and if I look anything that herp-filled ankle boot wearer in above picture, please put me out of my misery...and by that I mean buy me a shot :)

10 Comments:

Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said...

Def. do NOT do black tights with brown boots - that would really exaggerate the chopping you off at the ankle thing. One color is always best.

4:19 PM  
Blogger V said...

Brown tights and brown boots...this is getting complicated :)

ABORT, ABORT!

4:21 PM  
Blogger Ashburnite said...

eek...I'm really not a fan of them. I mean, I guess they're ok under pants, but even then, they're not very comfortable and sometimes look bulky under pants. with a skirt? I dunno, I guess if you have the right legs (not bulky, not skinny), they look ok.

4:40 PM  
Anonymous Sally said...

I think ankle boots look hot with a skirt and black tights. I once wore this look with a sequined formal dress and was totally awesome. End of story.

9:35 PM  
Anonymous Sally said...

oh but don't mix with brown. that's nasssty

9:35 PM  
Blogger V said...

No ankle boots on Friday nights...

5:45 PM  
Blogger NotCarrie said...

I'm not a big fan. Even on the celebs/models who can usually carry off anything.

6:10 PM  
Anonymous Hopefully Helpful :) said...

Somethings from the 80s are good BUT items like leggings and ankle boots do not qualify! (Come to think of it, put scrunchies in there too. Ick.) Those whole legging/ankle boot thing sound like a wonderful idea in theory... reality quickly sets in when you realize just how unflattering they are!

To sum up: Leggings, ankle boots-good for Halloween, bad for normal cute girls!

PS- I would try tall boots (with a small heel) and tights for a sleeker look.

4:36 PM  
Anonymous Charlotte said...

I once switched shoes with Sally into wearing her ankle boots in the middle of a street in midtown Manhattan while very drunk. I can't imagine anything about that situation was pretty, but it was funny.

7:39 PM  
Blogger Hedonistic Pleasure Seeker said...

Ankle boots under pants. I think this fad will pass quickly. My bet is that the only staple from the '80's that will stick around for awhile is the long tunic.

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com