Friday, September 08, 2006

To the theater

I’m going to see Jane in a play written by a friend who is a great writer from the South. His most recent piece that I read was published in the New Yorker. I hear that’s a good spot for your work. I really enjoy his writing, and am looking forward to the production, which I believe he also directed.

And, in addition to a little theater with friends, I am going to really imbibe in as much Southern living as possible. Bourbon and branch water, large meals with many gracious and interesting people and soaking up that evening breeze and soft country sounds. Ah, a little fresh air will really hit the spot.

A good weekend to ya'll.


3 Comments:

Blogger O-FACE said...

Go Buckeyes Beat Texas..........

11:31 AM  
Anonymous bill said...

I'd be envious, but how could I resent someone as nice as you having an evening of theater with friends? Can't. Don't. But I went back to read Jane and it didn't include the full name of the writer (or I missed it). Would you share it with me here or offline, please? I've had a subscription to one local theater for "ever" and visit others in the area so I do appreciate a good play. And yes, The New Yorker is a superb venue for a writer, but difficult to achieve. My congratulations to him for that alone!

Enjoy, V. Thanks for just a hint of the fun you're going to have. Hope you'll share a recap with us next week.

1:05 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

You have the coolest southern friends. I still remember your post about the soiree in NC with all those important people. I hope the reviews well!

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com