Thursday, September 14, 2006

Better Read Up For Tomorrow's Blogger Happy Hour

I am very excited about tomorrow’s blogger happy hour. Aside from the fun of everyone toasting Kathryn as it’s the last HH where she will be serving as hostess queen extraordinaire, there will also be a special guest blogger from Kansas.

You’ve probably read Dan’s posts here before, he happens to be coming into town today and that means he's going to his first ever DC Blog happy hour. Lucky him, right!

I talked to Dan briefly last night about this and he assured me he would brush up on DC blogs to prepare for tomorrow. And, aside from the good shit I’ll tell him after a few drinks, I thought there was probably some other stuff he should know.

Let’s see, he can check out a history of blogger happy hours and me.

He should def read up on who has been running the show and her recent goings on.

Perhaps the new blog of the old blog guard as well as her walker.

And, in your free time this afternoon and tomorrow, I’d also recommend brushing up on these happy hour regulars:

DC Blogs Family (All DC bloggers owe this gang a big thank you with their organized and creativeapproach to our chaos)
DC Bachelor(Great blogger, wearer of headbands, foe of the betas)
DC Cookie (A great girl you'll love to drink with)
Kassy K (blog world darling, V drinking buddy, hung w/ Floyd while he was here)
Virgle Kent (Aside from me lovin the VK, he also gave Floyd the VIP look at DC)
Sally of DC Bachelor (One of my fav party girls)
Rock Creek Rambler(Great drinker, great blogger—is there a better combination)
Velvet (Very popular blog and fellow Dupont girl)
I-66 (Mr. Popular)
Kris (my kind of blog/blogger)
Heather (Funny and thoughtful—great combo)
Good at drinking, bad at life ( he and his buddy Scott always get me into trouble)
Mike (Always fun and has coveted position of being paid to read blogs)

Whew. Now, there are many, many others I am looking forward to catching up with and meeting but please feel free to add onto my list for blogger education efforts.

The important point is: We’ll see you there!

21 Comments:

Blogger O-FACE said...

He must leave Toto outside the bar..............Is this the Dan from the Real World Miami?????? He was from Kansas.........

12:30 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

I feel so loved.

12:45 PM  
Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said...

LOVES it.

Oh, and your photo reminds me I should wear the birthday present I got from VK at the last one...

12:50 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

I've been MIA at these events for far too long. I will redouble my efforts and scheduling abilities to make it Friday. But it's going to be a late night tonight ...

12:58 PM  
Blogger V said...

O: How did you know!

i-66: Well, you are, hence the title.

K: He, he, I knew you would...

M: Hope to see you there!

1:22 PM  
Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said...

Oh, please, Grass. I'll be there tonight AND here tomorrow night and I'm twice your age.

See you there x2.

1:37 PM  
Anonymous Sally said...

I think I might wear leggings tomorrow. I've been resisting their pull...

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OLD guard? Mid-thirties is old??

1:40 PM  
Blogger V said...

Sally: It's a siren song, I know! Just work it, and you'll totally pull it off.

Anon: No, not at all...I meant old as in former (Washington Socialites and as one of the first big DC bloggers).

1:43 PM  
Blogger KassyK said...

Thanks for the shout of girl. :-) I was contemplating going or not as being a blog world darling means I have a ton of other events (ahem watching Gael Garcia movies & downing fried chicken IS an event)but now, after reading this--the pull to go and booze with you is WAY too strong.

2:56 PM  
Anonymous rcr said...

I'll be in AC gambling away my vast fortune and watching teh nekkid laidies dance. If there's any excuse to miss a HH, I think that's it.

3:35 PM  
Blogger V said...

Kassy: It just wouldn't be same without you. Plus, now you will have partied with TWO bloggers from Kansas.

RCR: Got me there, have a lap dance for me ;)

3:49 PM  
Blogger Virgle Kent said...

Kathryn,

Damn Right you better pimp MY SHIT! Let them haters know who's been running ish round hrrrr.

By the way should I wear a new SIT shirt or A blog related shirt.... it's up to you gal

V,

I got some new glasses so hands off, you freaking klepto!

hollaz

3:54 PM  
Blogger dn said...

OMG I totally just updated TornadoSlide from DC, so I'm totally a DC blogger now.

I haven't had this much fun since Real World: Miami

4:49 PM  
Blogger Brunch Bird said...

I'll be in NYC. (After all, this week's paycheck isn't going to blow itself on new shoes and hookers.)

8:44 PM  
Blogger Floyd said...

V, I think of myself as far more than a blogger. I'm published by respectable media, bitch! That, and I don't really blog anymore...

9:10 PM  
Blogger bettyjoan said...

I totally dig that shirt. Wish I could be there tonight, but I'm sure y'all will have a great time, as always. See you at the next one!

9:45 AM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

V, aww thanks man.

Kathryn, rock that shirt!

9:57 AM  
Blogger Asian Mistress said...

You didn't add me! :(

Hehe love you!

XOXO

3:07 PM  
Blogger DC Cookie said...

Sigh...next one. Promise!

2:18 PM  
Anonymous leigh said...

I want that t-shirt!

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com