Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Quote me

I have nothing to offer today but a quote:

"I like the idea of making films about ostensibly absolutely nothing. I like the irrelevant, the tangential, the sidebar excursion to nowhere that suddenly becomes revelatory. That's what all my movies are about. That and the idea that we're in possession of certainty, truth, infallible knowledge, when actually we're just a bunch of apes running around. My films are about people who think they're connected to something, although they're really not." - Jean-Luc Godard

10 Comments:

Blogger wharman said...

I like that, Circle V.

11:44 AM  
Blogger V said...

Thanks, Wharman--

11:46 AM  
Anonymous bill said...

That can be said of lives, not just movies.

1:00 PM  
Blogger V said...

Bill: Agreed, and I can't decide if that's depressing or liberating?

1:47 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

I like that - I'm going to have to steal it sometime.

1:48 PM  
Blogger Sean said...

Come on V, don't let a pinko with a name like Jean-Luc get you down. And hey, at least you turned out to be one hot momma of an ape. In the end, that's all that really matters....to man apes anyway ;-)

3:04 PM  
Blogger Living in Dupont said...

"...people who think they're connected to something, although they're really not."

I really like that part, and have to agree with Bill. But I like the people who think there's something bigger, they always have the most interesting stories about nothing compared to those of us who realize it's about nothing.

3:13 PM  
Blogger V said...

These comments make me want to watch I Heart Huckabees

3:22 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

Insert "my blog" instead of "films" and that pretty much sums things up when it comes to me. :)

Good stuff.

1:26 PM  
Anonymous bill said...

V - I think it's liberating - we miss a lot of opportunities in life because we overthink, as if we could perfectly foresee the consequences of our decisions.

7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com