Thursday, July 27, 2006

Stars Are Blind and full of the herp

Steve and I watched Paris Hilton’s new music video this morning for “Stars Are Blind.” Neither of us had heard her single or seen the video. Once we stoped laughing, we discussed both.

How does it sound: Think Early Gwen, but with a two-note range and “Tide is High” by Blondie beat.

How's the video? Worse than I thought it would be. In classic black and white, Paris Hilton sings her way through a photo shoot on a Malibu beach, cock teases a photographer for four minutes, and then steals his car. Seriously.

P.S. I want to punch the director Chris Applebaum in the face. He's to blame for Rihanna’s “SOS,” Hilary Duff’s "Fly" and that Carl’s Junior ad w/ Paris. He did, however, also do two pretty okay videos Fountains of Wayne’s Stacey’s Mom and Kelly Osborn’s “One Word.”

The lyrics are below, she's, like, totally complicated and so is her music:

"Stars Are Blind"

I don't mind spending some time
Just hanging here with you
Cuz I don't find too many guys
That treat me like you do
Those other guys all wanna take me for a ride
But when I walk their talk is suicide
Some people never get beyond their stupid pride
But you can see the real me inside
And I'm satisfied, oh no, ohh

Even though the gods are crazy
Even though the stars are blind
If you show me real love baby
I'll show you mine

I can make you nice and naughty
Be the devil and angel too
Got a heart and soul and body
Let's see what this love can do
Baby i'm perfect for you

My love, ohh oh

I could be your confidante
Just one of your girlfriends
But I know that love's what you want
If tomorrow the world ends
Why shouldn't we be with the one we really love?
Now tell me who have you been dreaming of
At night at home? oh no, ohh

Even though the gods are crazy
Even though the stars are blind
If you show me real love baby
I'll show you mine

I can make you nice and naughty
Be the devil and angel too
Got a heart and soul and body
Let's see what this love can do
Baby i'm perfect for you

Excuse me for feeling
This moment is critical
Might be me feeling
It could get physical, oh no, no no

Even though the gods are crazy
Even though the stars are blind
If you show me real love baby
I'll show you mine

I can make you nice and naughty
Be the devil and angel too
Got a heart and soul and body
Let's see what this love can do
Let's see what this love can do
Baby I'm perfect for you

Baby I'm perfect for you

Even though the gods are crazy

Even though the stars are blind

Even though the gods are crazy

Even though the stars are blind

16 Comments:

Blogger A Unique Alias said...

Excuse me for feeling
This moment is critical
Might be me feeling
It could get physical, oh no, no no



That is fucking precious. I'm buying three hundred copies of the album to distribute for free at metro stops, that the district might learn to love again.

2:31 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

This song makes me want to stick myself in the brain through my ear with a chopstick.

When are people going to learn that praying mantises can neither act nor sing?

2:51 PM  
Blogger sparkles anonymous! said...

Okay, I admit - I like this song.

Please don't shoot me.

3:22 PM  
Blogger V said...

AUA: Warms the heart (and the crotch...well, burning sensation is more like it).

i-66: he he, I agree, I just hope it's not a big hit...flop damn you flop.

SA: Ouch, that's too bad...

3:25 PM  
Blogger Sean said...

Here's the review from Rhapsody.....

Haters beware: "Stars Are Blind" isn't as bad as one would expect. While Paris Hilton's voice isn't launching a thousand ships, the video for this first single from her first album has inspired at least as many Internet threads. That steamy clip -- a clear inversion of Chris Isaak's memorable beach sand-strewn vid for "Wicked Game" -- combines with the track's girlish, romantic lyrics and breezy, reggae-pop production for four minutes of perfectly mindless summertime bubblegum.
- Jonathan Zwickel

Too bad you haters don't understand the concept of "inversion" I mean it's like, so obvious....

AUA, was that "R.C's" picture on the Valpak ad I got in the mail? For "Fairouz" restaurant? If not, there's a body double about. FYI.

3:27 PM  
Anonymous bill said...

Frankly, I doubt that many people will buy the single or video for the lyrics. Her key demographic may not include people who use words a lot.

i-66 - i agree, but i'm not sure whether i'd use something as sharp as a chopstick - it could be a slow death and I'd actually hear the whole "song".

3:30 PM  
Blogger Virgle Kent said...

wow those lyrics were mad deep. Like life changing and shit.

Word son.... good lookingout

P.S

Are you sure she has the herp? Just sayin?

Well what about her sister?

3:33 PM  
Blogger Sharkbait said...

I just wrote about the same song!

Unfortuantely, I enjoy it. Can't help myself!

3:34 PM  
Blogger V said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:40 PM  
Blogger V said...

Sean: I never want to see Paris and reggae in the same sentence again. Ever.

Bill: I am curious how her CD will do...

VK: Don't sweat it, she's rich, probably has them burnt off regularly and everything

Sharkbait: Try, try to help yourself...naw, that's okay, I have found myself enjoying Panic at the Disco lately so I don't think I can judge you...

3:41 PM  
Blogger Sean said...

Paris is now synomonous with reggae. When you think "Paris", you will now and forever think "reggae". When a super cool Marley song comes on, your first thought will be "Paris". For the rest of your life. You'll see ;-p

4:00 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

Panic is about 50 times better than the praying mantis.

Just sayin.

4:16 PM  
Blogger Virgle Kent said...

V,

When did you start wanting to "punch people in the face"?

Thats my move! I think we've been kicking it way to much and I'm starting to rub off on ya...

My hot BILFS should never want to resort to violence...

6:25 PM  
Blogger KassyK said...

Uh oh--I like this song and I am normally a music snob. I'm sorry guys...I admit it. AHH.

6:37 PM  
Blogger A Unique Alias said...

Holy crap Sean! It's possible. They do that to her a lot. I just talked with her and she said they were using her friend Tanya, but ?

7:25 AM  
Anonymous klo said...

This is one hilarious take-off on the video. I saw it before the actual vid, and now just crack up watching the real thing...

http://www.liquidgeneration.com/content/showMeDaContent.aspx?cid=1981

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com