Monday, July 10, 2006

So we had some fun in Texas w/ photos

Three of my best friends from high school (see below) and I loaded up the Lexus SUV (as if we could ride to Texas in anything else) for a night in Dallas and Athens.

Aside from my girls and a couple others, much of the fun was had with people I haven’t seen in 5 plus years.

First, the guy that got married was the nice guy in high school who could just never find a girl who wanted to be more than “just friends.” But, he finally found that special someone (she's between Meg and me and the happy couple is below) and that’s why we all descended upon Athens, TX.




While I do enjoy weddings (hell, I've been in 6), I do not enjoy people asking me "when you gettin married." It makes me feel old and uncomfortable. They also usually look at me weird when I explain I have a "not before 30" rule.














When I see people who I haven't shared a word with in years, I try to remember what I was like the last time they knew me. I wouldn't say I was that different when I was in high school, but certainly I have changed enough to surprise some people. Probably the first thing is that I take myself a lot less serious. I think I may also be nicer now (yeah, imagine what a bitch I used to be), I'd guess regular sex and booze has been helpful in my de-bitching.

Certainly my goals have changed as I expect or believe possible to "change the world" or any other nonsense like that.

I also did some thinking on my trip. The two girls I am taking a shot with (Ash and Meg) are doctors. I am pretty jealous of people who have their shit together enough to know how they want to spend the next 40+. While I do like what I am doing, the idea of my career path already being chosen is a bit scary.


I have a couple funny pictures from our night out in Dallas (all of these are from the wedding) and once I locate my camera download-thingy, I will post those as well.

Glad to be back, ya'll.

9 Comments:

Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said...

You look absolutely beautiful.

Nice ta-tas, too. ;)

10:06 AM  
Blogger Ashburnite said...

regular sex and booze has been helpful in my de-bitching

amen to that...although, I don't think I was a bitch in high school...just quiet...so people always thought I was a bitch.

10:15 AM  
Blogger V said...

K: Aw, thanks :)

Ash: Yeah, my favorite is when people say "I always thought you were such a bitch, but you're really nice" um, thanks for saying something now, I guess.

10:26 AM  
Blogger KassyK said...

Agreed with Kathryn--you looked gorgeous and I'm glad you had fun. :-) Welcome back chica.

10:47 AM  
Blogger V said...

Kassy: Thanks, suga, I am glad to be back--sorry I missed the Sat. night fun though!

10:50 AM  
Blogger O-FACE said...

Dam.....hotness....

2:08 PM  
Blogger Patrick J. Fitzgerald said...

You have been reading how to be photogenic!

http://www.wikihow.com/Be-Photogenic

4:49 PM  
Anonymous Rick said...

Wow you and your friends are smokin. Just curious, who is giving you that "regular sex"?

You said it babe lol

5:01 PM  
Blogger dn said...

Too much cleavage. Again.

Rick: V is getting pounded by a different member every night. How does she choose the lucky guy? She waits for them to comment on her blog, then pounces like a hypersexual leopard. Way to crack the code, you curious bastard!

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com