Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Totally Rad Bloggers "VIP ONLY"

Of course I am so stoked for this blogger happy hour thang at Eye Bar this Friday. As you all know, I’ve hit quite a few of these in my day and always have a Bodacious time.

But what will be particularly gnarly about this Friday is that Eye Bar is also hosting another trippendicular party from Retro DC: Fifth Year Anniversary - American Psycho in DC.


It’s like VIP only, and the invite from Mr. G. Gekko reads:

"Fifth Year Anniversary - American Psycho in DC. This is the ONLY high end 80’s Party in Washington (its also the biggest every year). It happens once every year so forget everything you know about 80’s theme parties, this one is all about the over the top decadent “me me me” values. Pinstripes and Trophy wives are de rigueur. Seven Deadly Sins are in effect. Invitation Only and your invited. Guys, get your suits out and ladies get your Manolo’s on. Chanel, Gucci, Bergdorf Goodman, Harry Winston. Its all here. Bring a Motorola brick phone and drink on me!"

So, like, you can totally get fresh some more on the dance floor. Of course it’s VIP only, dude, but since we live in DC, “VIP only” means “access to the Internet.” So take a chill pill and sign up at www.DCretro.com

When you read the invite, you might be all like "Dudette, gag me with a spoon, it’s all mixing metaphors from American Psycho and Wall Street." And then I’d be all "Whatevs dude or dudette, it’s like totally sweet that the next stop on your Friday night Express train to Drunktown is in the same stack of bricks."

So let’s party hardy, man.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Sweet said...

Sigh. An '80s dance party is right up my alley. Instead I'll be running around with a bachelorette party. Have fun!

11:43 AM  
Blogger Sean said...

Will there be sweet chainsaws?

11:54 AM  
Blogger KassyK said...

AHH are you kidding? Tell me you are staying and we are boozing 80s style all night at this shindig.

12:01 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

Hm..take that, add a Scarface-sized mound of cocaine, firearms, and a nude Dian Parkinson and you get Playaz Ball.

12:20 PM  
Blogger V said...

Sweet: Barf, man, I wish you could be there :( But I'm sure you'll be having fun at the bach par-tay.

Sean: Hell yes, I know you're into it.

Kassy: Dude, I'll totally have my hot pink tube dress in my bag--you bring the hair spray :)

Phil: Shit yes, ya'll should think about a road trip--I'll bring the nude B-lister!

12:30 PM  
Anonymous Sweet said...

So get this. I just found out that one of my bachelorette party stops is at Eye Bar. Perhaps I'll see you guys there afterall, of course I'll probably have a penis straw in tow as well.

9:25 PM  
Blogger KassyK said...

Ok, bc I already printed out my "VIP" pass and I'm ready to break it down:

Yourown....personal...Jesus...someone who can hear your prays...someone who cares...

9:40 PM  
Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said...

I'm in. Bring it, sistah.

I still owe you drinks, too.

9:34 AM  
Blogger Phil said...

It is always on our minds, V.

We have so many obligations to fullfill that it makes it difficult.

We may make it there someday yet.

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com