Monday, June 05, 2006

I'm back and did you vote?

So I noticed some traffic from one of my regular reads fishbowl DC at mediabistro.com and sho nuff they used my post for a poll question about who you would rather have dinner with? I bet you'll never guess who I picked from George S., AMC or Mr. Daniels?

Go vote at http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlDC/on/poll_recap_37735.asp (Sorry, blogger is being a bitch and won't let me post this link correctly).

So, I am officially back from New Orleans. I have a few pictures to post. Needless to say these photos do not involve me and beads on Bourbon Street. Rather, they are from the devastation in the 9th Ward and other places in the NOLA parishes. I haven't decided how much to talk about because it all really upsets me. But, at the very least I'll pass along the images.

Also, Guest Blogger Dan will be here to entertain tomorrow morning--until then.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sean said...

You SHOULD write about NO, precisely because it upsets you so much. What's upsetting about the situation? What should be done in your estimation? I have ideas, but I haven't been there so....help a brother out ;-)

6:02 PM  
Blogger Floyd said...

I wish I'd known you would be down there, I'd have tried to make it down myself. I feel like NO is something that I must see sometime in the near future, just to get a grasp on exactly what happened in our own country.

9:12 PM  
Blogger V said...

Sean: Yeah, you're probaly right. I'll get something together soon.

Floyd: That would have great--I'd like to get back there sometime soon and if you do go, I'd definitely suggest to get someone to take to you down to the 9th Ward and surrounding areas. It's pretty disheartening, but certainly something everyone should see.

9:02 AM  
Blogger Cail said...

V--
As a New Orleanian, it's heartening to hear a visitor express their sadness over what has happened in my hometown. I agree that it's something everyone should see-- no matter how difficult it actually is. I think it puts into perspective that no matter what anyone personally thinks of NOLA (that we're ridiculous for living "below sea level", that it's Bush/Nagin/Blanco's fault, that it's payback for the debauchery of the city, etc.) it is a CITY where people LIVE, and the flooded out houses and piles of possessions on the street actually belong to people who once called it home, and what happened before, during and after Katrina is a tragedy of national importance.

12:31 PM  
Blogger Complacent Chase said...

Welcome back!
I voted for Jack of course.

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com