Friday, May 12, 2006

Weekend Round-up: BFF


Two of my very best friends from high school are coming into town this weekend for an Okie extravaganza. Okay, sure, none of us live in the Sooner state anymore, but whatever, we’re going to rock it like we’re seniors in high school all over again. So I guess that means Strawberry Boones Farm and Zima with jolly ranchers.

It's quite a treat for me to have them both here. While we once spent many evenings and almost every weekend together in high school, we're all living very different lives now. One friend is making a go of it in NYC. He's doing pretty damn well, has an IMDB profile and everthing. The other is an accountant in Dallas and soon to be moving to Chicago. She's married with a great husband. Pretty crazy that we all once resided in Shit Hole, Oklahoma.

But, I also really love entertaining people here in the nation's capital. I am fucking proud of Washington, D.C. And, I love that I live/work in Dupont, which is one of the most beautiful neighborhoods in the world (yeah, I said it) . It is an exciting town with lots of smart interesting people that do very important work. There are amazing restaurants and several nice places to booze it up.

So we're renting a car and going to see Mount Vernon as well as the Phillips Gallery. We have to do the walk down M street, something fun on U, maybe Ben’s late night, and hit up AM after we’re already sauced. And, there is a blueberry mojito that must be tried at 15 Ria, it’s one for the bards, my friends. Not to mention that it’s the second best blooming time in DC: Roses. Sure the Cherry Blossoms are lovely, but there is something so amazing about all the rose bushes in full bloom. Have any other suggestions?

So Happy Friday everyone--whips and all!

10 Comments:

Blogger Sean said...

"Have any other suggestions?"

Entre-Nous! Entre-Nous!

The swingin' Okies! Hell yeah.

3:09 PM  
Blogger V said...

Now you're talking, I'll take the gay guy and the married girl to Entre-Nous...kinky :)

3:12 PM  
Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said...

Girl, the Zimas... you haven't lived 'til you've put a gummy lifesaver in there. Something about the gummy works better than the ranchers.

Have fun.

3:21 PM  
Blogger Sean said...

The way the rules are the guy will have to pretend to be with one of you two as a couple. No single guys allowed. Just a heads up if your serious.

3:44 PM  
Blogger Complacent Chase said...

Gummy lifesavers in Zima? Yum! (wait did I admit that I like Zima? Oh no!)

Have fun this weekend, V!

3:48 PM  
Blogger Washington Cube said...

Seeing that wine label must have caused massive flashback in your readers.

9:18 PM  
Blogger TKR said...

Where exactly is Shit Hole, Oklahoma? I'm definitely an Okie at heart and there are definitely a few places in the state that deserve the name, but people may be getting the wrong idea because a lot of OK is actually pretty fun!

2:16 AM  
Blogger Patrick J. Fitzgerald said...

Can I tag along?

1:01 PM  
Blogger KassyK said...

Hope you had a great time....AWW Boones!! Ok, the thought of booze right now is turning my stomach...I look forward to recaps tomorrow :-)

5:04 PM  
Blogger V said...

K: MMM, gummy. May have to give that a try at the 10 year.

sean: Thanks for the tip :)

Chase: Thanks!

WC: Word, that shit really hurts the next day

tkr: I am from Miami, which I lovingly call a shithole, however, we are the largest shithole in Ottawa county so that's something, I guess.

PJF: Meow, I'll keep you posted.

Kassy: Thanks--

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com