Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Turns me on

This article turns me on.

And, my friends, that's how you know I'm a dork.

Just 23 percent said they approved of the job Congress was doing, down from 29 percent in January. That is about the same level of support for Congress as in the fall of 1994, when Republicans seized control of the House.

I may still be drunk from last night...sigh. So I will try to post something later this afternoon that may be of more interest.

This is so sweet: Fifty percent said Democrats came closer than Republicans to sharing their moral values, compared with 37 percent who said Republicans shared their values. A majority said Republican members of Congress were more likely to be financially corrupt than Democratic members of Congress, suggesting that Democrats may be making headway in their efforts to portray Republicans as having created a "culture of corruption" in Washington.

Wow. Dems have something like ZERO leadership and it's actually working as Republicans continue to find more rope....

10 Comments:

Blogger TKR said...

I read an article about these poll results last night. I think it might be slightly unfair to compare the polling numbers to Congresss in 1994 when Republican numbers were higher for other reasons and when Democrat numbers were particularly low. Not that people aren't fed up with Congress, but I think it leads to an overexaggeration which may cause many Dems to get overexcited about their prospects in 2006. Just random thoughts.

11:52 AM  
Blogger V said...

That's interesting--I think the comparison is natural between now and 94, and to me the big difference was that Republicans really had a plan ready. Another article in the Times mentioned that Dems are still throwing around ideas...the one thing they have decided on is to not suck like before (read: hire consultants who think they know everything when it's the opposite).

12:21 PM  
Blogger V said...

PS I'm tall, too.

12:24 PM  
Blogger O-FACE said...

Great news, but it took 8 years for people to finally see the truth???

Hopefully Dems will win both houses and ban lobbyists/corporations from making donations and contributions. They've been running this country for too long. Also do something about the f-ing deficit, that is ridonkulus what the thuglicans have done with it.

12:45 PM  
Blogger Sean said...

"....and ban lobbyists/corporations from making donations and contributions."

WOW! REALLY? AWESOME!
You're kidding right?

One day you'll figure out it's just a game of Two Card Monty. THen again, probably not.

1:23 PM  
Blogger V said...

Yeah, such a ban will never happen and it is important to remember that not ALL lobbyists, or even corporations, are bad or harmful.

I'm not even sure what such a ban would look like...I guess they'd just listen to "think tanks" and voters...kinda scary.

1:40 PM  
Blogger Maime said...

The bartender at Rouge turns me on!

1:44 PM  
Blogger Sean said...

"I'm not even sure what such a ban would look like."

A lot less traffic....You can get rid of the "think tanks" (circle jerks) while you're at it as far as I'm concerned.

2:07 PM  
Blogger J. Serpentine said...

Sure are a lot of people who hate the First Amendment. I don't really want to be a Democrat if it just means we throw away the Constitution.

2:41 PM  
Blogger Washington Cube said...

Do you think Bush will stay in Crawford, once he leaves office? I say, "Nah!".....wish he would, though. In Crawford, driving his truck around, ripping up his eco-friendly underbush...pun intended.

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com