Thursday, May 11, 2006

Hello, Bettie OR Not your usual G-town party guest

Oh, you'll be the first to know--bloggers in leather is HOT.



About two weeks ago, I went to a party in Georgetown where I basically didn’t know anyone. I sort of knew the host, but he was busy talking to his boring guests. The house was large and the alcohol very choice. As I looked around the large, but somehow still stuffy, room, I saw a sea of WASPs and affluent Georgetown types. I was sort of pissed at myself for even coming.

A little later I noticed a good looking guy walk in, probably mid-30s. What was most striking in this entrance was the girl he had with him. She was maybe 29, unusually pretty and had a somewhat prominent tattoo of what looked to be Bettie Page on her upper shoulder blade. I have been recently thinking about getting a tattoo (mid-mid-life crisis, I guess) so I thought maybe I should go up to her and ask her about it.

Her and the guy disappeared from the party for a while so I figured they were having sex in a closet or something. I chatted with some couple about their new house in Alexandria for several boring minutes. Then she came back and was heading toward the bar. I beelined my ass on over there and stood behind her.

V: Nice tattoo
Girl: Thanks, it’s kind of old.
V: Does that matter in tattoos?
Girl: Yeah, you need to get them touched up regularly.
V: Really, that’s a real commitment then.
Girl: Yeah.
V: So it’s of Bettie Page, right?
Girl: Sort of, kind of the idea of Bettie Page.
V: Oh, that’s cool. She was sort of the first fetish girl, right?
Girl: Yeah, sort of. As an American Icon she’s got a following like Marilyn Monroe.

So she told me a little more about Bettie and then went to find her boyfriend.

Well, there was my conversation. I decided this would be my last drink of the night, and I’d go meet my friends over at Modern. I finished my wine while sitting on the bench in front of the silent piano. Pretty soon the girl was walking toward me. She sat down and asked me why I was there, who I knew, etc. I explained I pretty much didn’t know anyone and was getting ready to leave. She said she was, too and asked where I was going.

V: I’m going to meet some friends at Modern.
Girl: Is that in Georgetown?
V: Yeah, I don’t get out here much so I thought it would be fun to go.
Girl: That’s cool, I’ve got a party to go to pretty soon, too.
V: Oh, is it a friend's place or at a club or something?

When I said this the girl immediately started considering something. I mean I’m a poker player, and I think I’m pretty good at reading people. So I could tell she was really sizing me up to see if she could tell me something.

Girl: I’m going to a private club. It’s for people with particular interests.
V: What interests?
Girl: (Paused) Can we smoke in here?
V: I doubt it. I’m walking outside to leave if you want smoke there.

So she motions to the guy she’s with that she’s going to get a cigarette and we walk outside.

Girl: So these parties are for people who have fetishes.
V: Oh, like sexual fetishes like sucking toes or being whipped?
Girl: Sort of, I mean they do have parties for people who are into toe sucking or whatever, but it's more than that.
V: So you go to these regularly?
Girl: I do now. I’m sort of new to the whole scene here, but I was into it a lot where I was from in California.
V: Why did you move here?
Girl: I met a guy at one of the parties out there and he got me better job here. He’s pretty rich so it didn’t take much convincing. Plus, my boyfriend was an asshole, and I was ready to leave.
V: That’s cool. So what’s the party like tonight?
Girl: I think it’s a dominatrix theme, which is more my style lately. I have to go home and change.
V: What are you going to wear?
Girl: Probably a wig, some leather stuff.
V: A whip?
Girl: No, I lost mine. Or, I left it in my locker and when I came back it was gone. I need to get a new one.
(I didn’t ask where these clubs were that included lockers)
V: (tipsy at this point) So this is kind of weird of me to ask, but do you think you could write about your experiences and then e-mail them to me? I have a blog, and I think my readers would like to hear about your experiences.
Girl: I guess so. Are you going to make fun of it or anything?
V: No, I’ll just post whatever you send as is.
Girl: Okay, I guess. What should I write about first?
V: Talk about DC’s scene a little. I think people are interested in that.

She agreed to do it because she likes the idea of educating people about something they probably don't understand at all. I gave her my card, and I honestly didn't think much about it as I got real smashed at Modern that night and the experience just faded away.

This morning, I got an e-mail from her:



-----Original Message-----
From: Girl's name
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2006 1:18 AM
To: V
RE: Party at Georgetown

Hey V,
Sorry I am just getting back to you. I have a big party to go to this weekend, and I’ll send you something about that. Please don’t use my real name or anything, I don’t want John to find out.


Maybe call me Bettie :)






24 Comments:

Blogger I-66 said...

...so very jeooci.

I will await with baited breath.

12:00 PM  
Blogger A Unique Alias said...

Indeed; I'm curious about this one.

BTW, I'm still waiting for the "Fo' Tha Fellas" version of this post.

12:06 PM  
Blogger V said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:08 PM  
Blogger V said...

i-66: Right, I am very interested to hear more.

AUA: On snap! Yes, I really will get to that. I have it started, but can't get it right...I'll post it soon, just for you :)

12:09 PM  
Blogger O-FACE said...

Dastardly.............These people live amongst us...How dare they!!! Gawd my life sucks.

12:51 PM  
Blogger V said...

O-face: Let's see what Bettie reports...you may not mind boring after all!

1:28 PM  
Blogger Sean said...

I wonder if she frequents "Entre Nous DC" on Saturday nights.

1:49 PM  
Blogger KassyK said...

Ok seriously---I have not been so excited since I found out they are MAKING a Bettie Page movie. I am obsessed with dominatrix stuff and burlesque and all that crazy shit. AHHH, I am so excited--I have 3 different wigs but hands down my fave is the black bob with bangs...Give this girl my email address...ASAP. ;-)

2:10 PM  
Blogger V said...

Sean: I'll ask. I think she may be more into private parties though...not sure.

Kassy: You just get cooler by the minute...I also am so excited about the Bettie Page movie--and I'll be looking for a hot date ;)

2:19 PM  
Blogger Washington Cube said...

I've got to remember that line at the next mixed gathering I attend...or bar for that matter. "I lost my whip."

2:20 PM  
Blogger Bad at Life said...

Clearly I am going to the wrong parties and traveling in the wrong circles here in town. I keep looking and looking for dominatrix sex parties, but have yet to actually hit pay dirt.

Am very excited to hear more.

2:50 PM  
Blogger Complacent Chase said...

Sweet! This should be very interesting.
Very cool of her to write you. Too bad she didn't invite you to the party, though.
Maybe she will soon and you can give us your own account. :-)
Can't wait to hear more from "Bettie".

3:18 PM  
Blogger V said...

WC: That's a great idea--

Bad at Life: Well, maybe she can recomend some to you. What are your fetishes :)

Chase: I didn't ask to go--I'm kind of waiting to hear what her experience is like. But I certainly wouldn't be against it.

3:21 PM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

I'm over here, hoping and praying that she asks you to attend a party and that you go and don't forget the camera.

3:45 PM  
Blogger V said...

Heather: Yep, you and Chase have the right idea...I just have to look into it a little more--probably have to get a costume together...that would be fun :)

3:48 PM  
Blogger Ashburnite said...

wow...I really look forward to seeing what she has to say. And to BAL- who's wondering where these parties are- I've heard that you can find a lot of that out by joining alt.com (not that I know personally or anything)

6:28 PM  
Blogger Floyd said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:57 PM  
Blogger Floyd said...

Next time you talk to her, ask her if she'll tell Porter Goss to go fuck himself for me. I assume they frequent the same scenes...

And be careful - these people have some crazy-mean fetishes that they only reveal once they've sucked you in. Before you know it you'll be voting Republican and having little mini-orgasms each time you inflict pain on your bitch/see a minority get oppressed.

There's a good chance she eats babies, too. Don't let her near yours - you're still pregnant, right?

6:59 PM  
Blogger Washington Cube said...

You're going to be going into a world of clover nipple clamps, floggers, Kinbaku (Japanese rope art bondage,) averted eyes, kneeling, racks, boot licking. Have fun.

7:59 PM  
Anonymous wildbill the pirate said...

"Everywhere folks are living their lives with as much passion,creativity & guts as they can. The Night is Long and our needs and wants must be sustained. I don't hold that against most (cannibals,pedophiles,torturers and Presidents excepted) I neither have the inclination or energy for that kind of scene but if youre curious, take a field trip! Don't go to your grave wondering if that's all there is..."

11:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

not surprised that someone from lawrence kansas equates BDSM to prostitution . . . have fun picking up STDs at the Granasty and picketing gays.

8:27 AM  
Anonymous Sweet said...

intrigued

10:03 AM  
Blogger Floyd said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:28 AM  
Blogger Floyd said...

Hey anon - I'm not surprised that someone in DC is passing judgment on a Midwesterner based on a single attempt at a lame joke on a fucking blog. Have fun jerking off with your private school diploma and sniffing your own latte-odored farts.

Hey V, next time you talk to "Girl", ask if she knows of a party where this guy can go fuck himself.

12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com