Wednesday, May 03, 2006

A good problem to have?

Okay. So I've been a wee bit MIA as of late. I know you missed me. It's okay. You may remember that I was in the Virgin Mary Buckle of the Bible Belt this weekend for some Catholic wedding finery and fun.

On my way to Kansas, I saw Rep. Ford (Where he was not too "fancy" to stand in line at 5:00 a.m. at security and his hottie staff ass. accompanying him--she was working those black pants). Also spotted Rep. Dennis Moore and his wife Stephanie and family on my flight. On the way back to DC, Rev/Mayor/Rep Cleaver was on my flight. And, speaking of Cleaver (ooh, horrid segue): is this too much cleavage?



Can't really tell, huh. I had this wrap on because my protestant blood runs cold at these Catholic thangs. And, I'm just usually cold. In summary, this past weekend I wore on of my fav frocks, a past-the-knee brown number, which happens to have a "low" neckline. SOMEONE mentioned that it may have been a bit too much.

Since none of the wedding pictures really show it, below is a party pic sent by Windy where I am wearing the dress . That's Windy on my right and my deaR friend Tiff on my left with me and my girls in the middle.

Now, I'm leaning over a bit in this picture, and I still have the least amount of cleavage. A good point would be that this was at a Blue Gin, a club, not where Jesus lives. But, I went to this wedding to celebrate, not worship the Lord. Also, the dress doesn't push them up or anything. They're just chillin there, surrounded by sequins.

I emailed this picture to a couple people to ask their opinion of my possible faux pas:

Maime: "It is totally fine. Anytime a woman shows something it is either she is a slut or she isn't showing enough. There is not perfect amount. At least we know that you aren't a prude. And who cares. Tara Reid whipped a whole one out and then she got her own show!"

Jack Serpentine: "Everyone loves your hoots"

That made me worry a little less. But, I decided to consult some serious research via google.com.

NZGirl.com says that: "While loads of cleavage may be appropriate for a night out on the pull, it’s not always a winning choice for a family wedding. You don’t want Great Uncle Joe choking on his falsies as he gets an eyeful. A wrap or shrug cardigan is an excellent way of remaining discreet (and looking good at the same time)."

This New York Magazine piece may have had my favorite advice: "By summer’s end, you’re suffering from serious wedding fatigue. If you eat one more salmon fillet with julienned vegetables while the band delivers a bastardized rendition of “Strangers in the Night,” you’re going to inflict damage on an innocent bystander. Time to get out your leather dress and have yourself some serious fun. That’s right—it’s your day, too."

21 Comments:

Anonymous Sweet said...

I think that's fine! Funny you wrote about cleavage, I wrote about too much of it the other day.

http://www.sournsweet.com/?p=126

12:47 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

I think it's fine...

...then again, I also have a penis, so am I really going to argue?

There have been many worse instances of cleavage exposure at such a function. Don't worry.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Tyler said...

I agree with i-66, but I'll go further to say I think it looks great. Definitely appropriate. And that is a good quote from the NY Mag.

12:55 PM  
Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said...

You're well within your cleavage-bearing rights, sistah.

And trust me, I would know!

Tits are the shit.

1:06 PM  
Blogger V said...

Sweet: Indeed, great pic, too.

i-66: I will add your vote to the "pro" category.

Tyler: Thank you--and yeah, that article is quite funny.

1:09 PM  
Blogger V said...

K: Hell yes, and you are certainly one of the top tasteful, yet tantalizing, tit experts in my book

1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah... tits are a fine subject to discuss. What size are they and when can we see all of them??

1:28 PM  
Blogger V said...

Anon: Who knows, maybe at the Hater Happy Hour this Friday if things get real crazy.

1:46 PM  
Blogger Complacent Chase said...

I think you look fantastic! Cleavage is a woman's natural accessory.

3:23 PM  
Blogger Sean said...

"is this too much cleavage?"

Not even close. Try again, and again, and again, and....

3:39 PM  
Blogger V said...

Chase: "Natural accessory"--that's a great way to put it.

Sean: Funny guy :)

3:50 PM  
Blogger Ashburnite said...

nah...I have seen much more cleavage at weddings- hell, I've even been guilty of showing too much of it. No worries- you pulled it off.

5:35 PM  
Blogger Sean said...

I've been called worse. Such as "Funny Mother Fucker". Perhaps the Catholics rubbed off on you? Come on, let's hear some of that famous Protestant vulgarity ;-) and more cleavage, of course.

5:38 PM  
Blogger dn said...

Blue Gin? Is that a fish?

But seriously - I jokingly called it "inappropriate". I think sometime between the cake-cutting and the obligatory Usher "Yeah", you joked about hiding your cleavage with the blue wrap. I took your efforts to hide those hoots as shame, because I am Catholic, and shame is all I know.

7:59 PM  
Anonymous Sally said...

People in Kansas should cut you some slack because you live on the East Coast. That's how I get away with most of the crazy shit I wear back home - just explain to them that it's practically an opium den along I-95.

In other news, dearie, I hope you brang it on Friday. Remind me to tell you about my Blue Gin aftermath.

9:31 PM  
Blogger O-FACE said...

Nice blog--- Very funny subjects and comments...I need to throw some weight around here and establish some membership. Hey, have a good day at work tomorrow!!!!!

9:43 PM  
Blogger Floyd said...

I love boobs.

God, I fucking love boobs...

11:38 PM  
Blogger V said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:08 AM  
Blogger V said...

Ash: Good to know. Love that picture, too.

Sean: Fuck it. You're right.

Dan: Oh, I know you were just joshin around, I just needed an excuse to talk about my boobs :)

Sally: Can't wait, sista--Bring. It. On.

OFace: Glad you dig, stop by anytime.

Floyd: I miss you already. When in the hell are you going to send me something to post! Are you going to let D, M and Z show you up?!

9:10 AM  
Blogger KassyK said...

Very timely post as I just received some Snapfish pictures of myself at a wedding last year where the tits were out of control. Just the way I like them. :-)

9:14 AM  
Blogger Asian Mistress said...

Dude I always show my cleavage...it's hot if you have nice boobs (and you do!) :)

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com