Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Who let the Okie out?

V Note: I finally figured out how to download my photos so here is a long promised post for my little brother Nathan.

I brought my brother to town for his 21st birthday. The first night he was here, I wanted to really show him that his sister was cool.

We met up with my cool (read: only) friends for dinner. I had been giving a lot of consideration as to where I should take him out on his first night in DC. What place can accomodate an Okie frat boy who wants to “get a piece of puss,” get drunk and hit on barely legals that is stumbling distance from my apartment in Dupont? I think deep down I already knew the answer, but it took several margaritas at dinner for me to really come to terms with where I would spend my Friday night: Tom Tom.

I mean I HATE Tom Tom. Time after time I have been duped into going after I was already drunk. Aside from the fact that it’s a dump, is filled with meatheads and girls wanting to hook up with meatheads, it also is not conducive for dancing (though it still happens as you will see and it would inevitably be crowed and sticky.

At the restaurant, Nate double fists LITs, the drink of the night.



Of course all but one in my party peaced outta of this little disaster. You should have seen the scoffing and eyebrow raising at the suggestion of Tom Tom. Right. So Nate, Jack Serpentine and I walked over to Adams Morgan.

It was worse than I remembered. Twenty-one is young. People were already drunk, but it wasn't too crowded, yet. Jack and I grabbed a table to the side of the "dance floor." Nate was already pretty, pretty, pretty tipsy. He continued to slam LITs as the DJ finally started.

Despite the fact that Nate and I share the same parents, we are pretty opposite. However, we both do like to bring it on the dance floor (when intoxicated). For a white frat boy, I think Nate has some moves. And, while he and I do like to get our groove on Dreamers style, I could not dance at Tom Tom outta principle.

So Nate was groovin by himself for a while--people were watching, which made it worse as the collar was soon popped and he began to ask ladies onlookers to join in.



I think it was a little early for the ladies because he didn't have any takers at first. Nate began to show his moves to entice hotties onto the dancefloor. Who could resist this oldie, but a goodie?




Above, you can see that girl with the cute ass who is talking to her friend about whether she should dance with Nate. Nate is smirking knowing she cannot resist his okie charms. Soon they begin to grid...



It goes on for a while as other dancers join in and the onlookers continue. At one point, there is just a huge circle of people watching my bro and this girl grind. I am tipsy at this point and find it to be more funny than weird.


The Crowd seemed to really be enjoying the show

Nate's got some new moves that eventually end up a little too suggestive...the bouncer breaks it up. Soon, his lady love must leave.

Nathan quickly recovers from the loss of his dance partner....

And, continues to recover...


It's pretty funny what girls will do when you have a camera.


While the hottie white girls were fun, Nate really took to the sistas' moves...




Oklahoma gangsta, MidWest muthafuckers

And, of course, a night out in AM isn't complete without a bachelorette party...

The night prertty much ended for me after sucking down a bottle of champagne at Sake. In my drunk haze I agreed to leave Nathan there because he was working his game. He has been in DC for less than 12 hours at this point.

I woke up at 6:00 a.m. and he wasn't in my apartment. I was freaking out as I assumed he was dead or abducted by some Bear in Dupont. After calling his phone 50 times, I finally stepped outside my apartment to find Nate passed out on my doormat. Some nice guy in a pick-up truck gave him a ride home.

14 Comments:

Blogger I-66 said...

Ugh... TomTom.

Bad memories... At least your bro got to get down - though if he ended up on your doormat, I guess it means he didn't get laid...

10:17 AM  
Blogger Lonnie Bruner said...

While the national statistic for genital herpes among young women is one in four, I assure you that at Tom Tom it's more like one out of two.

Tell your bro to be careful.

Hilarious pics, btw.

10:40 AM  
Blogger V said...

i-66: Yeah, he had fun even without "gettina piece a puss."

LB: Word, there were some serious skanks there. Glad you liked the pics--

10:46 AM  
Blogger KassyK said...

Ah--what a great start to the day-classic pics...I esp love the pic of him grinding that girl...hilarious.:-) Glad he had fun and so sorry you had to submit yourself to the horror that is Tom Tom.

11:06 AM  
Blogger V said...

Kassyk: Yeah, I laughed my ass off all night--little bros are something.

11:08 AM  
Blogger Phil said...

Good Lord, does that young man love to dance.

11:29 AM  
Blogger Complacent Chase said...

Wow! He had a good time! He's a cutie (I guess good looks run in the family).
I am surprised your pics turned out in focus! Sounds like you were seriously getting your drink on!

2:52 PM  
Blogger Washington Cube said...

OMG...sitting here laughing my ass off. Your brother TOTALLY knows how to enjoy himself. The photos were phantastic. I wonder if Tom Tom's has recovered from his visit yet?

3:16 PM  
Blogger V said...

Phil: You got that right, I only posted about half the pics, too, it got worse :)

Chase: It was a blast--and Nate is pretty darn cute (voted best looking in his senior class, ahhhhhh).

3:18 PM  
Blogger V said...

WC: Really glad you enjoyed--Not sure if they have recovered and you know I'm not going back to find out anytime soon.

3:19 PM  
Blogger The Boy said...

You went to Tom Tom's for your brother....that's love.

Funny little story about that place. I was there a couple of weeks ago on a Sunday afternoon sitting outside. Well, I was at brunch THIS Sunday and someone said they saw me there. As you can imagine, I was absolutely mortified....

3:44 PM  
Blogger V said...

The Boy: Ouch, deny, deny, deny!

4:12 PM  
Anonymous Sally said...

Oklahomans just can't hold their liquor.

And, I think I got herpes just from looking at pictures of Tom Tom.

9:41 AM  
Blogger Moxie said...

Wow that is love; I havent been there in years. It had to have reminded you of HS ~ it looks like a gymnasium in there! Love you found him on the doormap, too funny!

1:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com