Monday, April 10, 2006

One year later

It was only appropriate that I should ring in my one year blog-anniversary wasted w/ friends who are bloggers.

I met Kathryn and DC Cookie at the Clarendon Ballroom (yes, I will break my no burbs on weekend rule for them). Because I don’t feel like giving you a “I was SO wasted” narrative, half of these things are true and half are not:

I drank a bottle of wine before leaving
My cab driver to Clarendon and I sang Afternoon Delight on the way there
I had never been to Clarendon Ballroom
It was an awesome 80s night dance party
I was a bitch to the doorman so he’d let me in and not let make me stand in the gigantic line
Virgle Kent was there
We left in a limo with the Oriole’s owner Angelos’ sons
I remember 85 percent of the night
Several of the girls in the limo appeared to have fake boobs, nails, tans and blonde hair
We went several bar, I only remember going to four
There were several pictures taken that involved girl-on-girl groping
I thought it would be cool if I tried to get the chicken head girls drunk—made those girls take gray goose shots w/ me and one of the Angelos boys
I danced like I should have been on a pole—for no reason
I tried to give the dudes in the limo advice on how to bag some of the girls w/ us, including tips on how to tell if they girl will be gross looking in the morning
I should not have taken so many shots
I was not the drunkest person in the limo
I stood in line for 20 minutes to get an empanada

Fine. Too lazy to make up lies. All of those things are true. Happy 1 year to me.

11 Comments:

Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said...

Happy blogiversary to you!

I *thought* all those things were true. However, because I can probably take the honor of being the drunkest person in the limo (and not having any idea the Orioles were involved in any way), I wouldn't have gone out on a limb and said so.

9:26 AM  
Blogger Phil said...

Could you please elaborate on these tips to identify women who will look like heinous-anus in the morning? Maybe worth a separate blog, perhaps.

I remember waking up next to Tyne Daley one time and it was not a pretty site.

12:20 PM  
Blogger V said...

K: Thanks, and there were several (including me) who are in the running for that honorary title.

Phil: I'll give it some thought and try to come up with something.

12:50 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

Glad to see some folks were holding VA down in my absence :)

1:03 PM  
Blogger DC Cookie said...

I somehow misplaced you on my way back from the bathroom. I take it you got home safely ;-)

1:33 PM  
Blogger V said...

i-66: Yep, good times.

DC: That would be part of the magical 15 percent that I don't remember...but I sure did, empanada and all.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Asian Mistress said...

AND I MISSED IT!!!

And VK even called me too...sigh. I suck.

8:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There has to someway for you to get Kyle drunk and in that limo between those chicken head girls. He's really beginning to worry me now.

10:47 PM  
Anonymous Sweet said...

a little late but: happy one-year.

8:56 AM  
Blogger V said...

AM: Yep, too bad you missed it.

Anon: Maybe next time.

Sweet: Thx, and congrats to you on your new blog.

11:41 AM  
Blogger Complacent Chase said...

Happy One year! Sorry we didn't connect on Friday...next time call me!

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com