Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Three Bs



Well, I am wrapping up the pleasure end of my trip to Cali and will be on a plane to San Fran in a few hours for the business end.

So far I have really enjoyed San Diego, see if the three B’s sound good to you, too:

Booze--Went to five vineyards, had the ABSOLUTE BEST champagne of my ENTIRE life. Surf, don't paddle, and pick up a case. Excellent champagne + a hint of almond = funny feeling in my tummy.

Beach—While I did not spend days laying around in the sand, I did get a few quality hours reading Bluff and listening to the waves. My friend’s place was also sandwiched between the bay and the ocean—it doesn’t get much better than that.

Bets—26 hour logged of NL Texas Hold em. Two best hands included getting four aces (two on flop, one on River) and the biggest hand I’ve ever had (won about $100) w/ a straight flush J high to win again a flush A high and full house. Talk about double bad beats for those boys.

San Fran also looks to be a lot of fun (minus the work part). I have a great hotel and am staying an extra day to check out the San Fran nightlife. It will be a little weird to be dinning and hitting a bar or two by myself, but I’ve done it before (more the latter, but whatev). If you have SF suggestions, let me know.

Going out by myself is often a strange experience. I usually take something to write with and generally a short story comes out of it. As I drink more, I think the shit I write is getting better (though that’s not usually the case). If anything interesting comes out of my Friday night alone and on the town experience, I’ll post it.

In blog news, I’ve come up with a little idea for my blog. If all involved agree, I’ll be announcing it around the time of my one year blog-iversary (which means this month).

Breaking news:
As I was sitting here, I got the following text message from “Hamed” a name I was just considering deleting the other day because I couldn’t remember where it was from
“U don’t love me any more, love to see U and spend some time maby have a drink with hamed”
So I know for a fact I have Never been out, had a drink, hooked up with etc this guy. The best I can figure is I politely entered his number in my phone when I was drunk one night
So I respond, “Who?”
And he says: “Hamed, ur taxi driver”
YIKES!

13 Comments:

Blogger NotCarrie said...

Mmmmm, champagne looks heavenly!

3:49 PM  
Blogger Complacent Chase said...

Glad you are having such a wonderful time in Cali! The 3B's sound good to me! Live it up, girl.
Personally, I enjoy having dinner by myself. I usually sit at the bar and talk to the bartender or grab a table and people watch. San Fran will be fun...you should email RCR...he was just there.

Can't wait for you to get back so we can hang.

Don't give taxi drivers your number!! ha ha

3:52 PM  
Blogger chicgirl said...

that is funny!

3:57 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

RCR went to San Fran recently... late January, I think?

4:39 PM  
Blogger Floyd said...

Don't give your number to taxi drivers. Have you never seen "Collateral"?

7:59 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Sounds idyllic! Any HINTS on the new direction of your Blog? Are you going to collaborate with someone?

9:40 PM  
Blogger Washington Cube said...

"ur taxi driver." Hysterical. I would love to try that champagne.

Sincerely, ur blog reader, Cuber.

9:52 PM  
Blogger DC Cookie said...

My parents took me to Wilson Creek when I was there last Christmas. The wine there is not that great, but the champagne is unbelievable. It was annoying as hell to carry, but I brought home a 4-pack of the almond champagne. To die for, and not very expensive.

Thanks for the link! I have to refill my stash.

1:40 PM  
Blogger V said...

Thanks for these comments, good stuff.
Have a meeting in a few minutes, but let me just say SF has been great so far--I mean what's not to love when I party with some fun locals and two vineyeard owners from Spain? Details to come--

2:09 PM  
Blogger dn said...

Eat at Burma Super Star - it's at 309 Clement street. Now that's good Burmese!

7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SF reader here can def. give you some suggestions for your visit...

2:39 PM  
Blogger V said...

Dn--didn't make it there but there is already another sf plan in the works

Anon: Thanks, feel free to pass along

All: I am so effing tired, excellent stories to tell including my first class ride to Vegas...details developing...

8:26 PM  
Blogger VP of Dior said...

glad you're having fun! too bad you broke Hamed's heart, haha.

can't wait to hear about dicker/stripper night plans!

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com