Thursday, March 16, 2006

Mo Mojitos, Mo problems


I am getting too old to get drunk at happy hours. That said, I still had a lot of fun. Perhaps I hadn’t talked to anyone for something like six months because as I recall the events of the blogger happy hour yesterday, you couldn’t get me to shut the fuck up for anything. Jesus Christ, no one is that interesting. Especially an effing blogger.

So, cheers to Kathryn (who is really good at calling me out, and I love it) and i-66 (on the road again) for another great event. Props to FOMO superstar DC Cookie for makin it out. Thanks to both Mike (Love the JC v. AMC post btw) and RCR (offer still stands) for knocking them back and keeping up with me and nice to see Barbara and Kris who has a lot of sparkle.

Things I’ll mention:

I believe there were several new youngin hottie bloggers worth noting. With the addition of DCB’s new intern Sally (nice work) who is super hot/cool (even though she is from Texas), the dietcokeofevil chic who is perfect hybrid of Kirsten Dunst and Alicia Cuthbert as well as the always fun and flirty RoarSavage, Nicole and the other attractive staples these happy hours are turning into a real wet dream (I swear).

Aside from several really stupid things that I remember saying, another pleasent memory this morning was DCB totally getting points back that he lost due to being sans headband as he convinced me his buddy from the urinal photo was gay, and I should go grab his ass and hit on him. And, of course, I did. This may beg the question would you have done it if he was straight, but that’s beside the point so you can shut the hell up. And we all know the answer to that don’t we? Anyway, urinal guy looked to be hookin some hot shit up toward the end of the night, so I think it all worked out in the end.

Now, the new superlative. This was a close one at first as there was actually someone passing out business cards w/ their blog name on it. But then (ta-dah) I met “that guy” who is the first recipient of my Chode of the Night (Add that to the list, Kathryn). Well ladies, he goes to G-town, is a 1-L, and likes to work that sassy J Crew style and he thinks he is really effing cool. How does one go about getting this illustrious award? Here’s one way:

V: Hi, Chode nice to meet you.

Chode: So you’re a blogger.

V: (rolling eyes) Oh yeah, you got it.

Chode: I’m http://www.barzelay.net/

V: Oh cool, I’ve read you (lying).

Chode: What’s yours.

V: Circle V

Chode: Yeah, somebody sent me a link to read it, but I was just too busy.

V: (takes gigantic drink of mojito sensing the conversation really going downhill from there)

Okay, so I don’t effing care if you’ve never read my blog, in fact, good for you. But why would you tell me you are too busy to read it? Is that supposed to impress me? I was also a little annoyed that this guy was too cool for any of my lawyer jokes (Chode: Oh, I think being a lawyer is going to really work out for me). Yeah, go get ‘em, killer. Also weird was how he told me all about his girlfriend and then proceeded to hit on lots of girls even though he’s w/ some bloggers sister or something (yeah, I said it).

I may be a drunk bitch, folks, but I will never ever think I am cool because I blog. That’s a promise.

29 Comments:

Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said...

Snaps all around. Sometimes you just gotta call people out.

11:06 AM  
Blogger I-66 said...

!

11:07 AM  
Blogger HomeImprovementNinja said...

Hey. Nice meeting you and sorry that I got you confused with Countdown to V. That happens when I drink too much.

I don't remember the guy handing out business cards, but I did find one of his cards in my pocket this morning. I'm wondering if he gave me it and I forgot or if he stuck his hand down my pants pocket and I forgot, which is even weirder.

"chode" has an uncool comment about the deaf girl that was hit by a train on his blog...not cool.

11:17 AM  
Blogger V said...

K: Yeah, plus I'm cranky/hung over.

i-66: What, too much?

HIN: Ditto, no worries. Not cool, indeed.

11:24 AM  
Blogger Diet Coke of Evil said...

You are a brave woman to call people out! I'm just glad I'm not on there as "that dumb blonde girl who was easily distracted by lots of people".

:)

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Jimmy Shelter said...

Who is the cute "Wonder Years"-hair girl in the pic with you?

11:36 AM  
Blogger Rhinestone Cowgirl said...

Oh, this is awesome. Sorry I missed the spectacle.

11:37 AM  
Blogger V said...

DCE: No way, sista, you were great.

JS: That fox is the blog social chair Kathryn.

RC: It was funny, everyone has stories starring the chode.

11:43 AM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

Hahaha, that's f-ing awesome. I'm all in favor of calling people out.

11:46 AM  
Anonymous Sally said...

I LOVE THE V!!! Steve Holt!

11:59 AM  
Anonymous rcr said...

Chode indeed.

I'm not even going to pretend like I remember what we talked about, but it was nice to see a familiar face among all the new ones.

12:03 PM  
Blogger DC Cookie said...

Damn you snatch! Oh, we are SOOOOOOOO going drinking.

12:04 PM  
Blogger V said...

Heather: Word. Great to meet you.

Sally: Oh shit, that's right! Steve Holt!

RCR: It's really funny. I'll tell you later.

DCC: Pencil me in, sista and bring it!

12:48 PM  
Blogger Larissa said...

nice meeting you, sorry we didn't get to chat much. next time!

2:09 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

Not too much. Surprising though, Snark-ess :)

2:10 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

...or is Snark-tress better?

2:10 PM  
Blogger DC Cookie said...

More like a scorpion. Beautiful, but venomous if you rub her incorrectly.

3:34 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

You are quite an attractive lady, CV, if you don't mind me saying so.

3:37 PM  
Blogger Barzelay said...

First of all, I think what I actually said was something like, "I haven't read it yet." And that I would then read it, now that I'd met you, and had some reason to distinguish your blog from the millions of others. In retrospect, it was still a rude way to put it, and for that I'm sorry.

It surprised me that you'd read my blog. No one reads my blog. I wasn't really a part of the DC blogs scene. And I don't think I'm cool because I blog. I didn't expect you to have read mine, and given how many DC blogs there are out there, I didn't think it would be a big deal that I hadn't read yours. But I am very sorry about the rude way that I said I hadn't. It would be pretty absurd for me to claim that I am too busy to read your blog, but have time to blog myself, go to happy hours, etc. I think my intention was rather to express that, yes, you have a big enough blog for me to have heard of it and been linked to it. I thought that would be a good thing. None of us have time to read every blog.

Who was I hitting on? I think I told everyone about my girlfriend and her sister.

In any case, I'm sorry again that it came out rudely. It wasn't my intention. Besides that, I don't think I was in any way unkind to you. I think that when next we meet, you'll find that I'm actually a pretty nice guy.

Oh, and for the record, I don't own anything from J-Crew.

3:38 PM  
Blogger V said...

Barzelay, Barzelay, Barzelay. What are we going to do w/ you? See, I'm a total bitch and love to hate when appropriate. But, I am also very forgiving because I'm a drunk and do stupid things a lot. That said, I don’t want an apology, I want you to not act like a chode around me (or maybe in general). And, while I appreciate the lengthy explanation and apology, I think you need to check out other accounts of the happy hour as I’m not alone on this one, darlin.

4:11 PM  
Blogger Complacent Chase said...

Wow! I missed a good time...again!
Oh well...next time.

5:00 PM  
Blogger Barzelay said...

Besides you, DCB and his intern, and a very vague accusation of close-talking to Larissa, everyone seems fine with me. I may have been rude to you and to DCB, but groping people? I wasn't hitting on anyone. I get the impression that Larissa maybe thought I was, though she hasn't actually said it. But again, I mentioned my girlfriend to everyone. I know you're not alone on it, which is why I'm so dumbfounded that several people apparently got that impression. Did you see me groping anyone, or even hitting on anyone (though admittedly, it's tough to tell without hearing the conversation), or are you just going on what they've said?

5:21 PM  
Blogger V said...

Most of it was body language (leaning in close, touching shoulders), but I did not see any honking of boobies, licking of fingers and slapping girls' asses, etc. I am sure you were just being more drunk ass vs. tryin to get some ass.

I think the horse is pretty dead at this point, just trust me: C-H-O-D-E.

5:35 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

By sparkle, did you mean body glitter? Because I can wear less next time.

You = rock star. So glad I got to meet you - and thanks for the kind words.

5:44 PM  
Blogger V said...

Kris: Didn't even notice the body glitter, meant your personality--it's sparkling--a treat to meet you.

5:48 PM  
Blogger Lonnie Bruner said...

I still don't understand this blogger happy hour thing. Is it just a way for DC suburban 20-somethings to meet people?

Anyway, props to you guys for being so organized. Maybe I'm just old.

Cheers,
LB

8:14 PM  
Blogger Washington Cube said...

Have a Happy St. Patrick's Day, Miss V.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

I was kidding! :)

2:06 PM  
Blogger V said...

LB: No props for me, I don't put them together. I just show up and drink a lot. I think these hh are little more than just meeting people because I'm not exactly "meeting" them. I usually know a lot about them and vice versa. Hell, they probably know more about me/what's up in my life than many of my friends. So there is more to talk about--usually.

WC: Thanks, same to you!

Kris: Whatever, sparkles :)

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com