Friday, February 10, 2006

Weekend Thoughts: It’s going to be a pretty, pretty, pretty good weekend.

YESTERDAY
I was at Coyote Ugly until 1:30 last night, no not dancing on the bar per usual, but playing some poker. In fact, I took 4th …in the “Thursday, 10:00 game of NL Texas Hold Em tourney at Coyote Ugly.” Sure that’s a lot of qualifiers for one 4th place, but beating about 35 people felt damn good. And, for the record, the final table had three girls (counting me). Not bad, fellas.
My favorite “sexist” comments of the night, “Naw man, it’s weird cause, there’s still a girl playing.” Or, “I hate playing with girls, they don’t ever play right.”

Right. It was a lot of fun, and aside from one really drunk guy hitting on me a lot, I had a quality time and will be back (with a vengeance--addictive personality, Ho!). Although, there was a guy wearing sunglasses, ew.

TOMORROW
I’m going to Charlottesville tomorrow, pending weather. Here’s my favorite e-mail regarding the trip:

From: Friend
Sent: Friday, February 10, 2006 1:18 PM
To: V
Subject: Scared

I'm kind of scared of this blizzard. What if we have to hunt caribou for sustenance?

Hilarious!

TODAY
Cheers to i-66 for capturing the perfect V-day spirit as he plays cupid for the dorkiest crushes imaginable: Blog crushes. I expect a fully embarrassing list of who is crushing on who…I know a couple hook-ups off the top of my head and no one ever tells me anything!

On a related note, tonight, I am going to a Valentine’s Day party. This party is being hosted by my old roommie (some of you may remember my past posts filled with frustrations about her). However, we are now just friends, and I am looking forward to watching her, and all of her politically opposite of me friends, get real wasted.

Plus, she will def be wearing something slutty, and it's always entertaining watching guys with no game try to score with a hot chick who will never sleep with them.


A dear friend of mine is getting married. She e-mailed me a link to her dress and it is so beautiful…she will be stunning.And as I scrolled through some of the other wedding dresses, there were a couple that really stood out for me (though 99 percent of them are just amazing). So a la Elaine, I’m going to write some captions.

Feel free to add your own if you are so inclined. note blogger freaking, will post soon.

Note: Wedding dress post to come on Monday...blogger and me just had a big nasty fight and I will never get that 30 minutes of my life back!

7 Comments:

Blogger Floyd said...

You don't play poker right. I'm still mad at you and your gross friend from that poker night over at Dan's a couple years back...

2:33 PM  
Blogger RoarSavage said...

Go V! Did a chick end up winning it all last night?

2:38 PM  
Blogger Happy and Jaded said...

oh boy! can't wait for the wedding dress captions! Funny story ~ I did try on a HUGE, GIGANTIC puffy one just for laughs and it was so big that it knocked the mirror off in the dressing room.

2:42 PM  
Blogger V said...

Floyd: Whatev, man. We will have our rematch in April, and it will be nasty (snap, snap, snap).

Roar: Nope, I was the last girl to go out...but maybe next week!

H&J: I thought they were pretty damn funny, but effing blogger just stole them from me. Sigh, I'll try again on Monday.

3:00 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

Sunglasses guy is just trying not to tell. I don't think I've ever donned the dark shades for our house games since they're not really 'serious' or for big loot, but I understand why he might...

3:28 PM  
Blogger Washington Cube said...

I don't know. The Cramps did a great song called "Sunglasses After Dark," an hommage to Link Wray, but something tells me poker guy lacked that "x" cool factor.

4:03 PM  
Blogger Rhinestone Cowgirl said...

Ooh, I can't wait to see the snarky wedding dress comments. Speaking of which, you might want to check out uglydress.com -- I nearly split my sides the first time I saw some of their beauties.

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com