Thursday, February 23, 2006

And so

Last night’s blogger happy hour was a good time. I had a couple more drinks than I expected or would have liked, but all and all I had many enjoyable conversations, including:

Chatting w/ Kathryn about recent goings on, talking some existential shit with DCB, reminiscing about viva Habana w/ Martin from DCist while deciding how to properly categorize Dcisters (love those suffixes!) and the fun spirit of Roar, her buddy Henry, and Nicole. And, thanks to i-66 for the drink (and co-hosting w/ the Queen Bee), it was great see you. Also shout to Kathryn's very cool friends who listened to me rip on being a blogger (one of my favorite bits). Also of note, details to come soon for our "Dicker/Stripper Weekend of Sin!"

And so, I am leaving for California at dawn tomorrow and will be gone for a week, dear readers. I may post my goings on, but I may not. I have made a decision, however, things at Circle V will be changing soon. I am growing a little weary of my laundry-list banter, and if I can’t put out there the kind of Grade-A bullshit my palate prefers, then it just ain’t worth it. I’m leaning toward upgrade and incorporating more voices and lots more photos--maybe acually learning some html stuff, but I am also very tired and busy. If you have any suggestions for my future blog planning, feel free to post them or e-mail them to me at butterfly_v [at] hotmail.com.

I bought myself a card today. I might frame it, it says:

The aim of life is to live, and to live means to be aware, joyously, drunkenly, serenely, divinely aware
—Henry Miller

8 Comments:

Blogger roosh said...

good times

3:11 PM  
Blogger Complacent Chase said...

Have a great trip! I will be interested the direction of your blog.

4:50 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

I love the posts where you paint a picture, like the salon evening with your friend's mother and her friends. Your political rants are also good, as are posts like the one on things that piss you off in restaurants. Just my opinion... But keep on writing, whatever you do!

8:55 PM  
Blogger Asian Mistress said...

You know I'm all in the for the "dicker-stripper" weekend girl!

Missed you last night!

10:46 PM  
Blogger V said...

DCB: Indeed

Chase: Talk to you soon

B: I hope to--

AM: Agreed.

PS WHere the hell was DC Cookie last night, I also totally missed that girl

12:22 AM  
Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said...

V.V. good times, so to speak.

And Cookie had to work late into the night, then get up hella early for a little surgery. We'll talk about on for Dicker/Stripper Weekend - she's in.

Safe travels, my friend.

10:08 AM  
Blogger Rhinestone Cowgirl said...

LOVE that quote. Love it.

(PS - nice to finally meet you)

10:22 AM  
Blogger Washington Cube said...

I would stick to your beliefs and not post dreck. Some people have the need to post anything rather than wait for the inspiration.

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com