Monday, January 09, 2006

JC vs AMC: Battle of the sucks?

Sure they're lookers, but can they write?


It’s only fair. I’m buying “Dog Days” this week and planning to review it soon. I had several complaints (and snaps) from my previous review of everyone’s favorite slutern Jessica Cutler's oral opus "Washingtonienne." Needless to say for Ana Marie Cox of Wonkette fame, I am setting the bar a little higher . This may be a mistake as most of the reviews I have read, including this little gem from Newsweek, say it's utter crap.

Previous Biases: I have already taken the over/under of 3 (over) for mentions of the Palm (does anyone even go there anymore?). I also predict the “DC is full of ugly people” to be in the first 10 pages, and many agonizing reminders of what happens when dorks try to write about what the cool kids do. Oh, and the plot seems to suck. Of all the years of AMC rolling around in DC politiki, all she can really come up with is Washingtonienne meets Wag the Dog meets Devil Wears Prada-lite? At least JC had many, many first hand slut-scapdes she could write about. Despite AMC’s starry tats, I doubt she has much more for a creative muse than SATC on TBS.

But, look at me judging a book by its, err, you know. Let me get back to you on JC vs. AMC.

7 Comments:

Blogger Dan said...

How clueless am I do not have any idea what you're talking about.

2:07 PM  
Blogger RoarSavage said...

Get back to us on the JC vs. AMC thing.

....In the mean time, V, I've found a kindred spirit-- We're both from Oklahoma. No one's from OK in DC!

Thought that was cool....

2:32 PM  
Blogger V said...

Dan: Pretty clueless...just check out some reviews of both Jessica Cutler's book and Ana Marie Cox's book. If you still have questions let me know...

Roarsavage: I will. And, there aren't a lot of okies--but I have managed to meet a few in my two years in DC

3:51 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

This has nothing to do with your post, but is brilliant and I wanted to share - pretty dumb things - read her drooling post.

http://prettydumbthings.typepad.com/chelseagirl/

6:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most of JC's reviews were very positive, as opposed to AMC, who got one good review and about a dozen bad ones. Having read both, Dog Days was a little too derivative and dull. JC's book was like reading some crazy bitch's diary. I have to say, the later was more enjoyable.

12:27 AM  
Blogger V said...

Anna: Wow. That's somethin. I'm going to have to take a few hours outta my evening and read all about this tart.

Anon: This is my expectation as well, but I am going to try to give AMC just as fair a read as I did JC.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Complacent Chase said...

You never disappoint, V. Can't wait to read your review.

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com