Tuesday, January 31, 2006

How to have lots of fun.


Thanks for all the birthday greetings. I had a great birthday party on Saturday night, which I remember 85 percent of the evening (a new b-day record). I had my party at Staccato, a cute dive bar in Adams Morgan. I saw lots of friends and the party burned through that case of champagne, I mean seriously it was gone in no time at all.

The only downer was the band scheduled from 12-1 SUCKED ASS. So we left and had a little party at my apartment a few blocks away. It’s interesting to see 15 people crammed in my place, but most of us were too drunk to notice.

I also didn’t plan the “after party” very well (read: at all). We basically drank everything but the rubbing alcohol under the bathroom sink after it was all said and done.

I sort of pride myself on getting others drunk. My birthday party is the perfect catalyst for this little challenge. Most of my friends have caught onto my game long ago, but there were a few new friends who are not privy to this, and I got them trashed (and myself trashed in the process).

What, you judging me? It’s a Pavlovian thing as the more people drink, the more laughing, dirty stories, hook ups and general “fun” possible. So why wouldn’t I?

So for your future parties, or if you just want to get your date a drunk so you can get some, tips for getting started and getting them drunk:

Getting Started
--When you start getting resistance, use the phrase “Come on, it’s (my birthday, your birthday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, my one night out, your one night out, our first date, our last date, etc)
--If they keep resisting, roll your eyes and keep pouring.
--If this still doesn’t work, give em the “But I told everyone you were fun” guilt trip.
--And, if they keep resisting, buy them the drink anyway and say “You can drink this or not,” which they usually will and then the fun can begin.

Getting drunk:
--Start them off with their favorite strongest drink. Once they suck that first one down you can quickly start to make them stronger and stronger.
--Take a “fun” shot after their second drink. You don’t want to go for the tequila just yet. Wait for it and opt for a kamikaze or 007 or some yummy concoction. I usually go with the ol’ SoCo and lime.
--At drink three, start making them all with “a splash” of whatever and a lemon or lime
--Have a race to finish the fourth drink with “last one done has to buy/makes the next round”
--With fifth drink in hand, do the tequila/vodka/captain shot

At this point you are also going to be too drunk to stop yourself, and your friend will be too drunk to resist. You’ll wake up the next morning hung over and happy that you all were “having a good time.”

7 Comments:

Blogger A Unique Alias said...

Sound like fun. Slightly spinny, nauseous fun, but fun nonetheless. I would've loved to be there but I was in New York.
Next time. :-)

4:29 PM  
Blogger Floyd said...

V, I think your list works fine for women. I couldn't help but feel, however, that this is the exact same recipe used for date rape (replace "'splash' of whatever" with "roofie"). Or so my friends tell me.

Also, thanks a whole hell of a lot for making me want to get drunk on a Tuesday night with $9 to my name. Nothing like a little disappointment cocktail to help a guy sleep better.

7:50 PM  
Blogger aklsdjhfa said...

I'm impressed!

10:54 AM  
Blogger Happy and Jaded said...

Haha...the band at 12:00 totally sucked. Did you notice that the "singer" (if he could be called such) was videotaping the crowd? He has a lovely shot of me giving him the middle finger.

Good times. We must do again soon.

11:37 AM  
Blogger V said...

AUA: No worried, looks like you had a great time in NYC

Floyd: Yeah, that's about all Dem's serve these days: disapointment cocktails

Chip: Thanks

H&J: Yeah, it's was pretty absurd, but glad you both were there!

11:53 AM  
Blogger Asian Mistress said...

Awww happy late birthday! :)


And drinking rubbing alcohol? It's totally comprable to gin. ;)

8:24 AM  
Blogger Floyd said...

I always thought they were the same thing...at least that's what mother told me...

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com