Tuesday, January 17, 2006

20 thoughts from my weekend


My brain is still a little fuzzy from the three-fer weekend so I’ll just give you some thoughts:

1. Baltimore is a cool place. Hipsters with more grit mean less PBR more whiskey.

2. My human body shield days continue as I threw myself between friend of a friend and the asshole from her office she was trying desperately not to sleep with again. Dear lord girls love assholes.

3. Lobster is delish.

4. Tequila is still a good friend of mine, maybe we haven’t seen each other much lately, but reconciliation is sweet.

5. Larry Flint knows how to make a strip club.

6. Free bottle of champagne proves Hustler’s manager Mike has a heart of gold.

7. Fifty foot fire poll means everything is going to be alright. How the hell do they get up it in those plastic heels…amazing!

8. Don’t get bottle service when it’s an hour before close…you’ll never make it.

9. I still abuse those I love…FUCK YOU can be a term of endearment, right?

10. Maryland may be hick, but it is still vastly superior to Virginia. Houses on the Chesapeake are a very good idea.

11. I like old women who could be described as “a tough cookie” –it’s something in which to aspire.

12. Jerry Maguire helped me remember why I used to like Tom Cruise.

13. Playing after-party Trivial Pursuit until 6:00 a.m. can only work if you are able to sleep until 2:00 the next day.

14. I missed the fucking Golden Globes! Shit!

15. I am getting old. After hanging out with a couple post-college newbies, I really felt my age (which will be 2-5 in T-minus two weeks!)

16. Brickskeller is cool. I forget about it a lot, but if you just want to go somewhere and chat and enjoy tasty beer (blue label Chimay, for example) it’s a perfect spot.

17. The only Leonardo Da vinci painting in America is in Washington DC.

18. Cleveland Park is a cool area. I forget about it, but when I go there it’s always a nice time.

19. Getting Monday off is better than getting Friday off (bold statement, I know).

20. One out of every three black males born today will go to jail (not just arrested, serve time). How’s America doing, Dr. King?

4 Comments:

Blogger Asian Mistress said...

Monday is better than Friday...everybody hates a Monday, but who hates a Friday? It's already good!

And MD may be hick, but it's one step closer to the mason dixon line...right? :)

11:59 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

You sound like a totally "tough cookie" to me already -- not a bad thing to be at 25, as well as when you are old(er).

6:49 AM  
Anonymous cjt said...

I find that "fuck me" is even more endearing.

10:49 AM  
Blogger V said...

AM: Agreed

Barbara: Thanks, we'll see

ctj: It had to be said later to make up for my behavior :)

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com