Thursday, December 01, 2005

New.

Oh boy, my first day on the new job. It is SO nice to discover the office is only a lovely 9 minute walk from my apartment door, thus proving the sweet Lord Jesus Christ does love me in Dupont. Fags and all. I pass two Starbucks and two Cosis.

I have a nice office with a view of where JFK’s memorial service was held. My coworkers seem to be jovial and pleasant. And, I have recovered that “I wanna work my ass off” spark that was lost in the sea of idiots that was my last place of employment. But this new job looks like a lot of 12 hour days with no lunch break—just how I like it, long and dirty.

This evening is particularly refreshing as I am at that “new game” point. I have a new job, clean (for me) apartment, went for the secret Safeway for pack-my-lunch-goodies, haven’t bought anything non-vice related at a store in maybe 6 months or more. Mmmm, apples. However, I was reminded of how I do like Secret Safeway. With a third of the selection, it’s hardly worth the time saved by not hopping over to Soviet Safeway. At lease there I know they will be out of a lot of stuff. At secret, they’re not out, they just don’t have it. You want the good chili in a can or Skinny Cow mint ice cream sandwiches…forget about it! Well, this is getting more interesting by the second, I blame this uninspired post on my sobriety. Trying to give my liver a rest after hanging out with the face of imminent mortality that is my Grandma.

5 Comments:

Blogger Miss Penny Lane said...

That commute is definitely enviable, girl!! You can roll outta bed at 8:35 and still be there by 9. Sweet!! Congrats on the new j-o-b.

12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rumor has it that there is a tall slinky transsexual in your new
neighborhood going by the name of DC Cookie.

2:16 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

I'm truly envious of your proximity to office, V. It's good to see that things seem pleasant at the new job - I know it can be a time of apprehension, but I'd raise a glass in hopes of things continuing to go smoothly... except I'm not yet home so a styrofoam cup with Mountain Dew on the rocks will have to do.

3:48 PM  
Blogger V said...

MPL: Thanks, hope to see you soon

Anon: Okay...

I-66: It is sweet, thanks for the toast and have a great weekend :)

5:29 PM  
Blogger Complacent Chase said...

Glad you have started your new job abd that you are loving it! You deserve the best, my friend.
So sorry I missed you at the last blogger HH. We will have to get together once I am fully recovered.

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com