Thursday, December 01, 2005

I opted for less strawberry wine wooler, more chapagne.

I had every intention of attending the blog HH last night, but then I got a little distracted. However, several kind, persuasive text messages from Kathryn convinced me that 4 hours late was not too late. Also, doesn't that martini in the picture look delish?




When I got to Eye Bar, I was pleasantly surprised to see I had already met seven of the people there. DC Bach, Throwing Hammers, Asian Mistress, DC Cookie, i-66, Kathryn, and Pussy Cat Doll were all in attendence. Kathryn had superlative voting sheets, and I was reminded again of how my friends make fun of my blogging as “a bunch of dorks who didn’t feel cool in high school.” Case and point :) Of course, I believe in being an educated voter, and since I couldn’t feel fully competent in voting for best rack in the DC blogging community and similar type categories, I just opted for three glasses of champagne and a little chatting (PS Thanks to those voted me "Biggest lush"—that’s a refreshing step away from "Biggest fall down drunk").

DC Cookie was having “a lot of fun.” I like that phrase because people use it more than my last name--"Did you see V last Monday night, after all those shots she was sure having a lot of fun." Anyway, she had a nice looking fellow on her arm and was taking lots of photos so be sure to check out her much better recap.

DC Bach was still sporting the long hair/headband look, which is in fact, cool. I encouraged him to hit on some hot chicks, but he didn't take my advice as most of my suggestions were surrounded by dudes (none of them in headbands so he had an angle).

Kathryn looked excellent last night, and she seemed to be quite enjoying her status as belle of the ball (Note to K: my fav eurotrash designer is Cesare Paciotti, sorry I couldn't remember last night).

I also had several conversations with the above mentioned people including a few little gossip sessions that I mostly remember.

Oh, and RCR was there. I would have mentioned that earlier, but I forgot he even came as he was chatting with a friend that I assume he hadn't see in 25 years or something because the brotha didn't even look up from the conversation.

Thanks to all, it was totally rad.

Ah, December 1st and that means it’s time for my new job to start. It’s been two years since I’ve had a “new job” so I am looking forward to it.

8 Comments:

Blogger I-66 said...

Glad you came, V! Good to see ya

11:01 AM  
Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said...

Thanks for coming. I love your perspective - riotous.

Good luck today.

11:58 AM  
Blogger roosh said...

nice. thank you for liking a look which typical girls dont know how to appreciate

12:04 PM  
Blogger DC Cookie said...

Did I mention I'm still drunk?

12:29 PM  
Anonymous rcr said...

Yeah I wasn't too social last nite. After 6 or 7 scotches "listening intently" becomes "listening intent on not falling over."

I too am still drunk.

1:39 PM  
Blogger V said...

I-66: Ditto to you

K: Thanks

DCD: I call em like I see em--headband cool--

DCC: Wish I was :)

RCR: I am familiar with that--I should have gotten there earlier for the former

3:04 PM  
Blogger Asian Mistress said...

Sorry I was all late in being like HEY IT'S V!!!

Glad you made it out! :)

10:30 PM  
Blogger V said...

AM: No worries, sista. You looked like you were having a great time on the dance floor.

Glad we got to chat a bit.

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com