Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Clearly

So I’ve been a wee bit MIA lately. I am sorry. There have been many changes in V-land. The largest would be my sex change. Okay, that’s a joke, but I do wish I was a gay, black man.

Okay. I am actually leaving my job of two years for a new position. It’s in the same field, but is in the “private sector.” That means more hours and more money. That’s right, I too can be a sellout like you! My current job was great while I was getting my MPA, but it’s time to move onto something more in line with my professional goals or I hated being everyone’s bitch. Either way.

Also exciting is the two week gap between old job and new job. I am going back to Oklahoma for Thanksgiving. Going home is always a fantastic time when I get to catch up with friends and sleep and sleep with friends. Wait.

On a housekeeping item, my girl May and Steven (who many of you know) are throwing a kickin party on Friday night (May designed the flyer below). I have tried to e-mail most of my blogger (and other) buddies, but if I left you off send me an e-mail, and I’ll add you to the list and get you details. It should be some sloppy good times. Oh, and it’s a “Clear Event” as in only clear liquids (white carpet) and who needs anything other than vodka, sake, champagne, white wine, rum and moonshine. Mmmmm.

8 Comments:

Blogger Miss Penny Lane said...

Sounds like good things are happening, V!! Can't wait to see ya on Friday night.

xoxo,
P~

5:16 PM  
Blogger Complacent Chase said...

I'll be there! See you there.

6:16 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

Congrats on the new job, V!

I must say it's always good to have some time off - between jobs or otherwise. I take a week off every year close to Christmas that I normally intend to use to get Christmas shopping done and generally relax... but then I end up shopping for everyone online and being a total slacker during the week. I guess it works out, you could say.

7:36 PM  
Blogger V said...

MPL and Chase: I am looking forward to it!

I-66: Yes, that week+ off will be great. And shopping online for more lazy time is a great idea.

9:52 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

Congratulations V!!! That's so exciting - believe me, I know :-)

I wish I could make it on Friday, but I'll be at a wedding in Charlotte... So have fun and have a few drinks for me!!

12:16 PM  
Blogger Scot in DC said...

It's funny, when I was getting my MPA I worked in the private world, but when I got that damn degree I thought it would be a good idea to move to a non-profit, big mistake. I think I am going to make the move back to money...

Congrats on your new job

6:50 PM  
Anonymous CatCiao said...

Details, por favor? :)

11:46 AM  
Blogger Asian Mistress said...

I got the invite but sadly am booked up this weekend...

Next time!

BTW the graphics are hot!

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com