Friday, September 09, 2005

A little bitching

I am not sure what is going on, but I have absolutely zero patience for much of anything at work. I am not sure if it is the folly of youth or the fact that I will be another year older in a few months, but I am full on convinced that I am not doing enough with my professional career.

The quirkiness in my new job has turned sour, and I suddenly am ready to move on (barring some small miracle). Part of the problem is my own fault. I rarely say no and never complain. I get here earlier and stay later and because I believe in what I am doing, I was satisfied.

But, I believe the road is laid out before me, and it is filled with bitch work and unappreciated efforts. It is one thing to love the work and need a job while getting my Master’s degree. It’s another to continue the punishment like some S&M infantile. So after a lazy weekend, my job search begins.

I look around at my colleagues, and I like most of them. One is an idiot, but that’s tolerable. However, my boss ignoring me and wanting me to make the same widget for the rest of my career has pissed me off for the last time. I work my ass off doing the same shit as people getting at least twice what I am paid, and I just can't handle it anymore. Unless there are serious changes in my current situation, I am saying adios.

I am transitioning into liberation. It is sad because I do love the actual worthwhile work that I do, but I don't think that's enough anymore.

10 Comments:

Blogger Complacent Chase said...

The best advise I ever received was to "do what you love and love what you do".

Good luck, V.

1:50 PM  
Blogger Asian Mistress said...

I blogged about that today (kind of).

The best thing I ever heard was that a great job has 3 key elements, and if you have 2 of the three...you're good.

1. Something you like doing.
2. Good pay.
3. Good people work there.

2:11 PM  
Blogger Patrick J. Fitzgerald said...

I have always heard about exotic dancers making good money to put themselves thru grad school...

5:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is my first time reading your blog. i don't like the attitude. you're too aggressive, too negative.

3:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

catciao,

exotic dancing is imcompatible with the pleasures of virtue.

3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

actually i just read the post about strippers. this confirms my negative opinion of you. how can you be attracted and seduced by a world which values dishonesty, disloyality, materialism, greed, drunkeness, insensitivity and denigrates love. love is beautiful, rapt, mauve, flash-flowing, rife with placido and tranquillo, a superbe feast of joy and yet th exotic dance club mocks love. how can you support this industry, the bane of union, the mockery of committment?

4:19 PM  
Blogger dn said...

Anonymous dude is on fire!

Mine's not a high horse.

6:45 PM  
Blogger V said...

Chase: You are totally right

AM: Job stuff is stressful--hope yours end up okay

Catciao: Your V trivia is behind...I've graduate :) Now I will only dance to repay loans

Anon 1:39: Stop the presses--Yeah, it's shit--I've never said otherwise

Oh, anon: You are LAME. Not worried about you anymore. Good luck with your mauve love or whatever

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, anon: You are LAME. Not worried about you anymore. Good luck with your mauve love or whatever

lame? how so? be more specific. an exotic dancer has no interest in committment, honesty or devotion - 3 unequivocally salutory virtues. those who support them or profit from them are also lax in their love of committment, assistance, compassion and service.

kyle foley

11:05 PM  
Blogger Kyle Foley said...

I remember sort of judging her for having such a "dirty" movie. However, every time that I saw a sin, I also remember finding comfort in it. I like the idea that other people had problems and were not perfect. Perhaps that's why I now embrace my own vices so wholeheartedly?

judging? could it have been your instinct for monogamy that was alarmed?

you embrace your vices now but how long do you think you will continue enjoying to do so?

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com