Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Up and down or even?

I have been in a Dayquil haze the past couple of days. It is pretty amazing how neutral this stuff makes you feel. I almost have a floating sensation, which is actually quite helpful in my productivity level at work.

Being over the counter doped-up also makes me think about my friends that pop pills. To be honest, I sometimes think that having a decent supply of various scripts around wouldn't be such a bad thing. There are many situations in my day that I get way more bent out of shape for then I should. Pills certainly put on fewer pounds than alcohol.

A good friend of mine said that she used to take a pill to calm her nerves. While I think part of it is that she is a Sagittarius, she also is just a really active "what's next" kind of person. After something like a year on this drug, she realized that she rarely ever felt any sort of emotion one way or the other. Of course, that's the classic question, is it worth extreme of highs and lows or better to just always be even?

She chose the ups and downs. I guess it all just depends on how high you go and how far you fall. But, there is some allure to just coasting on through the depressing melee.

On a more positive note, I'd like to say thanks for the great brunch on Sunday to Chase, Miss Penny Lane and Steve. Lots of drinks and lots of fun. Also a holla to DC Cookie who I ran into at Eye Bar on Friday.

6 Comments:

Blogger Complacent Chase said...

I had a great time as well. I hope you are feeling better.
I would choose the highs and lows...that way you are experiencing life and not just coasting. Yeah, it may be easier to coast...but you also miss all the great times and hard times that make you appreciate life.

2:51 PM  
Blogger DC Cookie said...

I can't believe I missed brunch!! I have been craving Sunday bloody mary's since I saw Steve's picture a few posts back. AUGH! Can we do it again this week? :-)

2:57 PM  
Blogger V said...

Chase: I had lots of fun, and you post about the hang over was funny. I was also feeling your pain (tho not as much cause I didn't go to JRs).

DC Cookie: Something may be in order. I am going to be doing some burb time this weekend, but if I can make it back to the city on Sunday, we should go back Beacon because they were delish!

3:01 PM  
Blogger Complacent Chase said...

Someone should organize it again...MPL...where are you??

5:09 PM  
Blogger Miss Penny Lane said...

Hey! I will most likely be with The Chef and his son up at Broomes Island for the weekend. If not, I would love to do brunch again at Beacon Bar & Grill. I will be much more careful next time, though, for (as The Boy says), I got fa-junked up!

5:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DC Cookie is here too. How can I post a pertinent comment when I am thinking Eat Up again?

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com