Friday, August 12, 2005

The Mr. Smith's


Yesterday's happy hour at Mr. Smith's was fun. It was good to see the usual suspects and a few others that I hadn't met before (including VP of Dior, The Milkman, Throwing Hammers, DC Sports guys and some cool friends of Kathryn's). It wasn't too chachi at HH and there was some tasty beer and even a hot bartender. Thanks to Kathryn for another hostess success.

Highlights include:
--One of the DC Sports guys almost blowing his wad over meeting DC Bachelor. I am not sure if it was lots of beer or shared opinions about women or DCB's headband, but it was really, really funny.

--DC Cookie took lots of pictures (thanks for this one) and looked like she had a great time (especially after that shot)

--Discussing pomo with Mr. Pomo himself The Milkman. I also heard the myth, the legend, the lore of the mysterious origins of The Milkman nickname

--Kathryn certainly "got milk," and there are picture to prove it ;)

Oh, thanks to my girl Cat for coming along, it was great to see you.

Then I headed over to The Restaurant with DC Girl (in her sweet ride) where Miss Penny Lane and Chase were chillin with The Chef. It's a delish place and one of the most exciting finds of late was that they have a SMOKER for ribs and other cow and pig delights. It set my Okie heart aflutter at the reality of enjoying delicious barbecue on the East Coast (something I thought impossible). It is very exciting.

I also met The Florist who is just as lovely as I expected. We talked about various passions and particularly, her awesome floral shop in Georgetown Ultraviolet. It was also great to see The Senator and chat with him about American history and current parallels, which I hope he writes about soon.

And, of course, Happy Birthday to The Actor! Leos were abound last night, which always makes for a nice evening.

19 Comments:

Blogger I-66 said...

That had to've been The Captain. I know not of what you speak.

10:00 AM  
Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said...

V, it was awesome as always. I'm ready for my V-ified love tarot reading, too.

And "got milk" - surely you must be referring to my bounteous bosom?!?! Because otherwise....

10:04 AM  
Blogger V said...

I-66: Must be, it was really funny

K: Tarot reading soon, for sure.

And, while your bosom looked great, I was referring to a certain picture, I believe you had on someones hat... ;)

10:20 AM  
Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said...

That's my hat now. :)

10:20 AM  
Blogger The Senator said...

I like Ben Franklin. What can I say? I'm a middle class kind of guy.

I can't believe you wrote that, V.

10:22 AM  
Blogger V said...

K: Nice work on the hat

Senator: What do you mean? Isn't that what we talked about?

10:44 AM  
Blogger The Captain said...

Hmm...I'm not sure how I feel about the "blowing his wad" part. That might be a tad overstated, though it is funny. I'm always interested in meeting the people who have a lot of controversy stirring.

The same could be said for the Milkman, until the dirty secrets came out.

11:42 AM  
Blogger V said...

Captain: Just a joke, brotha. Dirty secrets, eh...interesting.

11:46 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

I'm so sorry to have missed this one :(

what dirty secrets?? do tell do tell

12:16 PM  
Blogger The Chef said...

Thanks for coming by, I posted a recipe for babybacks on my site.

http://cpmcchef.blogspot.com/

12:32 PM  
Blogger The Senator said...

We did talk about that...but to out me as the biggest dork alive...ahhh nevermind. I embrace myself.

12:54 PM  
Blogger V said...

Sara: We'll make up for it

Chef: Thank you for a great time! And great ribs!

Senator: You are wrong. You regaled me with your interesting perspective on literature-- something a true gentleman (NOT dork) does.

12:58 PM  
Blogger roosh said...

Captain was just pleased to meet someone... stop hating, hater.

1:32 PM  
Blogger DC Cookie said...

If you see the movie 'the Milkman' ModPoMod doesn't have a mouth. Interesting...'cause he could certainly sing last night!

2:49 PM  
Blogger Complacent Chase said...

Great seeing you again, V! It was a lot of fun. We are going to have to kidnap The Chef and make him cook for us! I am telling you I am craving the pulled pork already.
You are far from a dork Senator...you and the Florist are spectacular.

4:45 PM  
Blogger V said...

DCB: Joke vs. hater...tough call.

DC Cookie: I am sorry I missed that sounds fun

Chase: Word to that. It was a lot of fun.

5:01 PM  
Blogger Asian Mistress said...

Oh I miss all the fun :(

7:59 PM  
Blogger Team Itchybox said...

Mr. Smith's would be the site of my favorite St. Patrick's Day Memory... snuck an underage Fanny Price in to corrupt her. And wasted Jane Fairfax flippin tumbled down the stairs to the bathroom... then the guys we were with got kicked out. Then some random suicidal dude picked up my 80 buck bar tab on his credit card. Could you ask for more?

10:07 PM  
Blogger Patrick J. Fitzgerald said...

no

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com