Friday, August 26, 2005

Moving on

The Chastleton has been good to me. For the past two years, I have enjoyed many great times there. A few bad ones, too. But, all good things must come to an end, especially when better things come along.

I have had several kicking parties here (as the wine stains prove) and lots of fun dinner parties and lazy, hungover Saturdays. This place was a perfect first apartment for my roomie and I when we moved to DC for grad school. And, just like the friendship we once had, my time here has also run its course.

I am moving just four blocks away, and it's to a great apartment that has just as many good times written all over it.

This weekend, of course, will suck ass. But with promises of champagne and oral favors, I have a good team of movers assembled. And, with my new zipcar membership, I will be sporting a badass pick-up truck tomorrow as I move into my new place.

It's always a little sad to move out of a place that I have called home. I am sure I will struggle to even remember this place before too long, but for now, I just say goodbye.

Keep it real Chastleton, keep it real.

8 Comments:

Blogger dn said...

I think we'll all miss the elevator.

6:27 PM  
Blogger Miss Penny Lane said...

Too bad I'm not at home; I woulda helped you move for some oral favors (if that meant Lemon Drops or Bloody Marys). Moving short distances SUCKS!! Ya don't think you really have to pack, butcha do, and you end up wondering why--with all the effort--you didn't just move cross country.

Good luck!!

10:26 PM  
Blogger Complacent Chase said...

Oh the elevator was a little claustrophobic.

So, when are you having an open house party so we can come and drink to your new digs?

9:01 AM  
Blogger Natty G said...

Sometimes it seems like I'm the only person who hasn't lived at the Chastleton at some point...

3:19 PM  
Blogger Patrick J. Fitzgerald said...

The Chastleton? Isn't that an assisted living facility?

12:42 PM  
Blogger Johnny said...

luv yer bedroom eyes.

8:09 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

how was the move!! congrats on the new place (again).

did you get my email???

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Johnny Patin said...

Not assured.

7:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com