Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Whatever

I was a little defensive last night when someone teased me that I can't go a day without having a drink. I mean when you phrase it like that, it sounds like I am putting whiskey in my coffee on the way to work or something. Geezzz. I mean I joke about getting the shakes, but I don't really have them. Plus, I'm Cherokee Indian and really into stereotypes.

Can I help it that I have many happy hour occasions to attend? No. Can I help it that I enjoy a little "drinky-drink" while watching TV or "writing a hit play" (okay, stole that bit there)?

Life has so many edges, it helps to try to take some off sometimes.

Then, this morning, Kicks sends this photo (above) of Steve (looking tan and great BTW) from the beach the other day (See post below). Not only could we not wait in traffic without more champagne, but we actually had to jack it from the truck via the backseat. Hum, that may be a case and point, eh? Well, at least my friends don't mind as we are all in the same jolly boat.

I will continue to embrace my vices (hell, alcohol is really the least of them) and assume that soon I will awake to the big day when I can be "an adult" and act the way everyone wants me to act.

Until then, I'll see you all at St. Ex. tonight.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Underused said...

I drink every day, and I'm fine with it. When people nag you about drinking, just say "I drink so can deal with people like you." That should shut 'em up.

1:12 PM  
Blogger V said...

Oh, that's an excellent idea. Cheers!

1:29 PM  
Blogger The Party Girl said...

I'm very partial to the phrase "Mommy drinks because you cry."

The Boy and I stole it from a Lifetime TV movie. Sure, it involves calling myself "Mommy," but it always gets the desired result.

1:50 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

What time are you going to st. ex??

1:58 PM  
Blogger V said...

Party Girl: That's fucking awesome.

Sara: Not totally sure, depends on when I can get things wrapped up. I am hoping to make it by 6:30.

You going around 6?

2:18 PM  
Blogger DC Girls said...

As long as you keep the drinking controlled (and are not running around dc naked) you should be cool. I'll have a drink with ya!

2:53 PM  
Blogger The Boy said...

Sometimes I have to also ask the Party Girl to run to sevies and "Buy Daddy a pack of smokes."

Is Steven coming to the happy hour?

2:58 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

I think I may get there earlier b/c I work so close... (Silver spring and I get off at 5).

But as I already mentioned on another blog, I spilled on my shirt & broke a heel so I had to change into what I had in my car. Not the greatest stuff in there, by the way... glad you're coming!

will you shoot me an email with your cell #? I'll call ya when I'm on my way

3:14 PM  
Anonymous Washington Cube said...

I like it, RCR, the blogger formerly known as "Underused." Geesh..you're turning into Prince or somethin'.

3:24 PM  
Blogger V said...

DC Girl, no naked huh, may be a challenge (Kidding!) First ones on me sista

The Boy: I am working on him now...I bet he'll cave.

Sara: Sent you an e-mail, give me a call

3:26 PM  
Anonymous cjt said...

Liquor and Native Americans don't mix well. It's not in their genetic make up to process properly. I lost a beautiful Cherokee lover to it, it destroyed her life and caused her accidental death.
If you are full blooded be careful.

9:23 PM  
Blogger V said...

ctj: Thank you for the concern. As my friends like to tease me, I am not even close to full Cherokee, I am also Irish and French, which we all know are responsible drinkers :) No alcohol problems there!

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com