Thursday, July 28, 2005

Saint Excellent

It was a fun happy hour despite the pre-storm. May, Steve and I had some wine before to wait out the storm. We brought a couple Bar-weary people along and had a great time. Because I skipped dinner (RCR knows what I'm talking about), I was drunk rather fast. I had a nice time though chatting with everyone and a special thanks to my boy Steve who even though he does not read blogs, enjoyed the happy hour.

There were a lot of people there and unfortunately, I did not get to chat with as many people as I would have liked to. I did meet some new people, which was great. First, I finally got to meet DC girl who is fabulous. Also, I got to meet the Asian Mistress (sans leather and whip) and enjoyed a nice chat with her. I again was loving The Boy (fine you're not catty!), and we had some excellent laughs. I saw DC Cookie, but really didn't get to chat much. Some day.

Oh, and serious props to Kathryn (and yes, you left way too early) who organized the thing. You'll fulfill those hostess accusations yet! And, to Sara from the butterflynetwork, sorry I forgot your glasses, but we will grab a drink soon for the exchange.

And last but never least; it was great to see the Cleveland Park crew there including the Actor, Chef and Senator and of course, Miss Penny Lane. I don't think I have met the Actor before, and he was very entertaining. The Chef gave me all sorts of useful information about salmon (it's always so damn good), and a little preview of an upcoming post that is just "cheeky" (boo, that was a bad one.) And, of course the Senator, thanks for the dance, you always put up with me as any gentleman would.

13 Comments:

Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said...

I said it before and I'll say it again, luvvvvvv Miss V.

See ya next time, kiddo! Cherokee people, unite!!

10:44 AM  
Blogger Miss Penny Lane said...

Great to see you!! Thanks for the drinks, and the introduction to Steve and The Boy, who The Chef and I dragged to Bar Pilar, as well.

11:03 AM  
Blogger Asian Mistress said...

Next time will be bottoms up and uh...pants down.

OK - well I had to say that. Haha.

I love how we ALL blogged about this in varying degrees. Fabulous.

11:11 AM  
Blogger DC Cookie said...

I did touch your hair many times though. Softness! All the products in the world couldn't get my hair that soft, and yours is just natural, dammit!

Steve and I thought Sunday brunch with lots of champagne might be a good event sometime too :-)

11:43 AM  
Blogger V said...

K: Unite, indeed. Cherokee tribe, So proud to live...

MPL: He said you all had a good time (party animals, you)!

AM: Hell yes! Bottoms always up and you bring the whip.

DC Cookie: That's right, you should totally braid it next time:) We are a brunch crowd it should def be in order.

1:10 PM  
Blogger DC Girls said...

It was really cool meeting you, though we didn't talk enough. However, I have a feeling the two of us out together would be trouble...so we must do it sometime.

1:15 PM  
Blogger Miss Penny Lane said...

Cookie:

Re: Steve and I thought Sunday brunch with lots of champagne might be a good event sometime too :-)

Love me some brunch!! Let's do it!

1:16 PM  
Blogger V said...

DC Girl, it's a done deal...I love trouble and those that like to get into it with me :)

PL: Word. We should brainstorm. Brunch is the best meal of any day.

1:24 PM  
Blogger The Senator said...

The pleasure was all mine...even if the beat was weird and the steps didn't work out as planned.

Wasn't sure if you'd take my lead, but alas, that mystery is solved.

Kudos.

1:30 PM  
Blogger The Senator said...

Now that I actually read the comments, and now knowing that you have some Cherokee background, I'm thinking our dance was sort of like a scene out of, "A River Runs Through It."

One firewater, please.

1:30 PM  
Blogger Dating Hell Diarist said...

I think I'm gonna try to make the next one of these. Anonymity, schnanonymity.

1:46 PM  
Blogger V said...

Senator: Hum,I have heard from past dancing partners that I have a bad habbit of trying to lead...sorry. Will be good next time, I swear. At least it was funny :)

And, yes, I am part Cherokee and my friends gave me the Indian name "Drinks Grapes."

1:49 PM  
Blogger V said...

DHD: That a girl!

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com