Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Metablogging Dreamin

Everyone wants to know: What has been going on in DC blog land?!!!!

Alright, no one cares. But, I haven’t been paying as much attention to blogs due to Los Angeles business trip. So I was all excited this afternoon to have "monitoring duty" a.k.a I can just check out webpages. A slow afternoon has allowed me to catch-up. I thought a nice summary would be in order a la dc blogs. Read this post slow because I’m not posting another fucking thing until I come back to DC on Sunday.

There are now Two Girls in DC: This blog was one of the first I read. DC girl is very playful, but lately has been in a bad place as it appears her friends are bitches. I imagine she is a really nice and trusting person, which is a perfect recipe for attracting bitch friends (I know because my friends are nice and trusting…kidding).

Anyway, some insiders say this is the merger of the century. The Florist is who many of you will remember is the Senator’s lovely lady friend. She has a flower shop in G-town that I recently voted for to be best in DC (hope she wins though I have never been to her shop). DCB predicts drama, which is understandable in these types of things. But, DC Girl, The Florist and Miss Penny Lane seem pretty chummy. However, a recent posting on CPMC alluded to the fact that Penny is ready to make this duo a trio. Either way, I think it sounds like a positive thing for our little blog community.

DC Bach: Apparently that guy was without Internet and rather than rip on him for not posting in several days (like he did to some harmless blogs with initials in the title) I will just say that you should check out his controversial question if the Dove girl is chunky. After reading all the posts, I think her body is def okay, but it is as David says, a “butter face.” As in everything is okay…but her face. The post on every girl falling for DC Bach is funny. I don’t know how sound the theory is, but I enjoy his gusto.

CPMC: I am sad to have missed their party. Catciao took me to their headquaters one evening and it is very cool. I believe they were grilling at 1 in the morning. Also, it looks like a good time was had at Indeblu. Love the photos.

Butterfly Girls: There has been a swap. The Asian Mistress (who I have never met, but for some reason am a little scared of) is leaving for her own blog City Sparkle. And, in comes Celebutante. I am excited about this as more celeb news and analysis is always good. I like both Sara and Lil DC Diva. They are nice and interesting people who I am sure have nice and interesting friends. The new girl Celebutante will probably fit in really well. She does, however, appears to be concerned about haters. She shouldn’t be. It just happens (and they are even fun to drink with), and I would just let it roll. I mean remember all that nasty, nasty shit that "anons" said about KAC and Windy. Damn.

Up All Night Jane: Okay, my fellow Aquarius has been going through this really open and honest thing. I actually would say she has the most explicit blog I read (that i don't pay for). I mean the sista is talking sexual details. It’s pretty cute.

Kathryn on: She’s gotten a little more personal as she describes her split self. This is interesting to me because I have never met Kathryn and am curious about her. Her blog has some funny insights and she seems quite smart. Also, this post made me realize that we need to stop universally with the Sex and the City comparisons (I do it, too). I think we should all collectively agree to stop. No more “I am a Carrie” or “I am half Samantha and half Charlotte.” Actually, that would be an interesting post to provide a guide to men on what that means. I’ll brainstorm on the beach.

The Blackberry Debutantes: The Brunette is trying to lose weight. That is quite brave of her to just throw it out there on the blog. I like to crash and burn in private. Of course public ridicule due to failure may be a good incentive to not eat the carbs or whatever. I hope all her bikini dreams come true.

DC Urban Family: I like these guys a lot. I also like the 90210 analogy. Quality. Good luck with the detox, too. And Vegas...mmmm.

Well, I got that metablogging out of my system. I feel much better.

15 Comments:

Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said...

Thanks for the notice, V. We should meet up for a drink sometime, and talk about anything but Sex & the City.

10:21 PM  
Blogger Natty G said...

Good review. I was disappointed to see "DC Diva's Blog" didn't make the cut. Truly a special site:

http://dc-divas.blogspot.com/

10:49 PM  
Blogger Patrick J. Fitzgerald said...

Any new tattoos?

8:37 AM  
Blogger The Party Girl said...

Thanks for the shoutout V!

Detox is coming along, but all bets are off at 9:06pm this evening when I land in Sin City... unless I decide I need a cocktail on the plane. Mmmm.

And my lungs stopped hurting so I started smoking again last night. Oh well.

9:13 AM  
Blogger The Senator said...

Not bad!

Thanks for the mention.

9:28 AM  
Blogger roosh said...

weak.

too nice.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Lil DC Diva said...

Thanks V :-)

Still love reading your blog on a daily basis.

Happy hour/drinks with the butterflies soon, si?

1:55 PM  
Blogger Team Itchybox said...

I have a blog crush on the DC Urban Family as well. They provide a nostalgic high for me that I can't get here in The Big D.

3:11 PM  
Blogger KOB said...

Thanks for the link; I must now 'a la' you back.

5:35 PM  
Blogger Asian Mistress said...

Thanks for the mention...I think. I'm really not scary though...how come you're frightened?

Besides, you know Lil DC Diva & Sara wouldn't associate with me if I wasn't a good person. :)

6:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No mention of the retirement of Dating Hell Dairest, the heart throb of socially disfunctional web voyeurs.

6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Er, people "lose" weight; they do not "loose weight." Sorry, pet peeve, had to be mentioned.

9:18 AM  
Blogger DC Girls said...

Good post...yes we're Two Girls now. Which I think was going to happen because as T told me "it's freaky how similar you two are". As far as the bitches...booted baby!

12:32 PM  
Blogger V said...

Kathryn and Butterfly Girls: Let's make this happy hour happen soon.

Natty G: Still "warming up" to the Dc-Divas.

Catciao: No alas, I remain tatoo free. But, you'll be the first to know.

Party Girl: Read about your fun times in Vegas...nice work.

Senator: Anytime.

DCB: Yeah, should have opted for the edgy topic of ice cream (snap).

Sister Hayter: Sorry to hear you live in Dallas, but happy to read you love Jane like I love Jane (Check out Darcy post from last week).

Asian Mistress: For some reason when I read your name I picture cute Asian woman in leather whipping me ...I am sure you would do no such thing. I will work on more positive image.

Anon: my bad. Will correct "lose"

DC Girls: Cool, enjoying the duality already.

12:15 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

Ur adorable! Yeah, I have been a bit more explicit lately (Maybe cuz I'm finally getting some and the quality is good!) and honest cuz why not! Luv, Jane

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com