Thursday, July 21, 2005

Blog and Booze

Me, DCB and Sara...last three standing


The blog event was a lot of fun and even though I was fully committed to not getting hammered, I did. But, much like Kathryn said, it is a little weird to have people pointing at you and saying your blog and something something. Anyway, all those in attendance were cool, and I enjoyed it very much.
My behavior: I def talked about blogging a bit more than I would like to admit (Yeah, the html code is really complicated). The line I said the most in reference to my lame ass blog comments was: "Well this is the lamest conversation I've had at a bar." Great.

It's king of weird to meet people who you read about everyday. I know a lot of shit about a lot of people I don't know. It's certainly fun to talk to these people in person, but it's hard to not want to talk about their blog, date last week, old cat, penis posts, how hot Jessa is, etc. Blog dork it is.

Overall, I drank too much (per usual), dromped a stupid amount of F bombs and told a lot of stories that made less sense as the night went on and again, had a really nice time.

For some excellent wrap-ups check out Kathryn and Sara's posts. I'm just going to tell you some details that I thought were interesting.

Sara: We officially hit it off and hit the sauce. Damn we were toasted. Poor DCB had to deal with us, but I don't think he minded that much. She threw a great little happy hour and also has some stellar sunglasses (he he). I will return them soon even though they really like me a lot :)

Sara, Me and DC Diva.

Lil DC Diva:This girl got to go outta DC in style, and it was great to see her again. She appeared to have a great time as did her gentleman in attendance. Hopefully, we can party in NYC someday.


Kathryn is very fun and hostess-y. From her blog, I was expecting a more sassy type (which she probably is), but in person she's very gracious and listened to many of my rambling stories (which got worse as the night went on) and seemed to enjoy them. Nice work and thank you for the drink as well.

RCR: drinks JWB. That's cool. He also is funny and made a several quality jokes. I am making a commitment to read his blog more as I think it would be well worth my time. For those who like blog history, RCR and DCB even met and chatted.

Texas Cutie had a stellar accent. It was nice to get caught up on her friend drama and possible reconcile.

The boy: He's was great. But, I have to confess something here. I feel bad because I think one of the reasons he posted number three) about not liking it when people are trying to set him up is because I told him I was supposed to scope him out for a friend (eek, oops). My apologies to him and even though I was going to give my friend a really nice report…I won't say anything. Also nice to meet his pal drunk girl, she's a mess, and I like it.


DC Bachelor: Always nice to see him again and major snaps for putting up with a couple drunk girls and my bitchy tude. Always good for a chat, DCB was great even when sporting the rugged soul patch look. And thanks for the pictures--I'm stealing to post.

Is it possible for me to go to a blog happy hour and not steal sunglasses?

6 Comments:

Blogger The Boy said...

V - Totally doesn't bother me. I still hope you give the good report! Was just an observation of my friends (it happened a couple more times later in the evening).

3:55 PM  
Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said...

Nice. I was probably sassier earlier on, but was over an hour late leaving the bar to meet other friends, had 5 voicemails I couldn't get in the Dungeon, yada yada. DCB called me "spunky" - is this a theme?

I need to re-read my blog, I think.

4:17 PM  
Blogger DC Cookie said...

Oh crap! I tried to set The Boy up too - with two different people! Hilarious!!

5:20 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Oh man. I'm still hurtin' a little from last night! So much fun with ya :-)

also, thanks for posting that second picture because clearly I am looking my absolute best and LOVE that everyone gets to see me look like that... hehehe

My hangover was especially suffering this morning w/o my sunglasses ;-) alhtough they do look hot on ya

7:34 PM  
Anonymous Underused said...

I need to stop going to these things with an empty stomach - a few of those JWBs took me from 0 to drunk in less than an hour.

9:22 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

Very good times in deed.
I encourage you to get a pair of sunglasses at every event now :)

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com