Monday, July 11, 2005

Back from the City of Angels and Highways

Well, I'm back from LA and not a moment too soon.

I have never loved a place more than I love D.C. post-LA. This evening, I am going to try to download some LA pictures that may or may not include a lot of sunburned cleavage, Venice Beach and dinner at The Ivy.

Also, my return to DC has been made all the sweeter with KAC's return . I particularly enjoy her fierce rant against a "friend" that has apparently been stabbing her in the back. "Guttersluts" must be abound in DC (ask DC Girl), and I plan on calling lots of people that the next time I am trashed. It's much cleverer than stupid head.


Stolen from washingtonsocialites.com and created by Luke (I think)

My favorite part comes at the end, Kelly writes: "She [Gutterslut] wants my boyfriend, my breasts, my STD-free taco and my blog. She is so obviously jealous of me that her herpes sores must be busting out puss as we speak. Sad, yet disgusting."

Damn. That's some good hatin. Welcome back.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I can finally read DC blogs without feeling guilty. When are we going out, V?

8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blistering post, indeed.

9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too much meta-blogging lately! V, you used to be more creative, frequent, and original in your posts. Come up with your own stuff and stop ripping from the other DC Blogs! We miss your old writing style before you got all ingrained and caught up in the clique that is the DC Blog scene. Your creativity now seems - how to put it -- stifled and cliche. Boo to you for turning into just another DC Blog.

1:36 PM  
Blogger Bobby said...

6 out of V's last 8 posts, representing just over 2 weeks, have been non-meta-blogging. That's only 25% meta-blogging, which is a lot less meta-blogging than a lot of places.

Boo to anonymous hatas.

2:28 PM  
Blogger V said...

Oy, all these anons.
Anon 1: Call me, same cell as before.
Anon 3: yeah, yeah, yeah. I've been out of town/lazy. While I am not sure what you liked so much about my "old" stuff in contrast to my "new" stuff, I will work on it. I don't think it's really the DC clique per se, I just haven't felt inspired lately. Sorry if I haven't been up to snuff, I will try a little harder. Thanks for your thoughts.

2:33 PM  
Blogger V said...

P.S. Thanks, Bobby.

My next decent post goes out to you...whenever I get around to writing it ;)

2:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not a V hater, but a lover! I just miss how V used to write (I'm talking way back in the day like her April and May posts). I just think she has lost some of the edge that she had over the other DC Blogs now that she has begun associating with the likes of DC Bachelor, DC Girls, CPMC, etc. Don't get me wrong - I'm a fan of these blogs too, but V used to be more of a writer and less of a promoter. Now her posts have a feel of being written for others in the DC Blog clique rather than for herself. I just miss the old V style!

2:37 PM  
Anonymous Mel said...

V,

Lack of inspiration is understandable as it happens to the best of writers, but I do think that I get the gist of what anon is saying. I don't know, somehow your writing just seems different that it used to be. Can't pin-point it, but it just is. I'll keep reading though as I do think that you are the best writer out on the DC Blog scene. I know that I'd like to see you get in to more details of your nights out like you used to. You used to have more stories, that's all...

2:42 PM  
Blogger V said...

V lover/anon 3: Right on. Thanks, again. I will do some deep blog soul searching tonight which may or may not include two bottles of wine. Hopefully better posts will result...the pressure...

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com