Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Worse than a Post-it? Or Fuck that guy!

I am going to celebrate a friend Harley's birthday at Firefly tonight, and in honor of her 25th year, I am going to share what may be one of the rudest things I have ever heard another dude do to a girl.

Harley had been off and on with a guy from her hometown. They used to be serious, but the distance of about 30 states between them changed their status. Harley had been talking to him more lately and things started to heat up. She returned home for a friend's wedding and he was her date. They did it and generally had a nice couple-like time. Then after he doesn't call her like planned, she receives a flurry of text messages that read something to the tune of "you're too political, too emotional, I must stop lying to you, this is too much for me," etc.

So let's recap: He's been acting like he likes her, is happy to sleep with her, but then suddenly does a 180 and dumps her over text message!

Another little fact in this is that after Harley and he got it on, his sister walked in and said "Oh, sorry, Christina." Post-text message Harley finds out that this guy has a girlfriend…yeah, you'll never guess her name.

So fellas do me a friggin favor: You want to sleep with you ex, fine. But can we have an ounce of class and not mislead her into a situation that warrants dumping via text?

Anyway, you've had a rough week so drinks on V tonight, darling because your hot self deserves something much, much better than your loser ex!

10 Comments:

Blogger Elvis said...

Mrs Harley,

As a general member of the Bloggosphere, I wanted to say I'm sorry about all this. It's just about the most unfortunate and sad thing I've ever heard (well, unless your ex took back her ex after he'd cheated with her best friend, but that's another story). Especially from a friend and someone who you knew for a while. My sympathies (for the text message, for the waste of your life, and for the whole deception).

4:21 PM  
Blogger Elvis said...

Whoops, "Miss Harley". Order is restored in the Universe.

4:21 PM  
Blogger Lil DC Diva said...

And this, my friend, is why women are forced to compile a list on how guys should date/treat women...because obviously some still have no clue on tactfulness, taste, or class.

I've been in her shoes before. I think we all have at one point. I wish her the best of luck and just let her know that however undeserving the treatment that was given to her, she can learn, grow, and move the f*uck on - life only gets better from here!! :-)

5:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How is that 84 year old woman doing? Speaking of class acts...where were you on that one?

6:33 PM  
Blogger V said...

Elvis, Lil D, we just had a very nice dinner and she seems okay...she told the whole story with humor and poise.

Anon: Though I am pretty sure I know who you are and all my points before still stand, I will say Gram is fine and she is gliding along happy as she could be (we should all be so lucky).

8:27 PM  
Blogger dn said...

Only a Donkey Punch would have made this story sadder. Or cancer. Cancer's sad, too.

9:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How is this any different from your queer friend fucking his grandmother in the ass (figuratively) and then you two lying to cover it up?

10:07 AM  
Blogger Floyd said...

A good idea in general is to not date douchebags. If, by the age of 23, a woman can not identify a douchebag, she is too stupid for reproduction, as such an act carries too high a chance for the creation of more douchebags who will, in turn, impregnate the stupid girls of the next generation. It's really quite the vicious cycle, and haven't we had enough Republican-controlled government already?

So, to summarize for the ladies: Don't date douchebags, because you're only creating more Republicans, and then all of our lives suck.

11:33 PM  
Blogger V said...

Floyd and Dan! I must say the honor is all mine, fellas.

Thanks for stopping by and keeping it real Kansas style.

11:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got dumped via text message after dating my ex-boyfriend for six months. I found myself watching that Sex and the City episode shortly after I got dumped trying to determine whether a post-it note was worse than a text message. I don't think we ever came to a conclusion. I renamed him "Gutless Bastard" in my phone and never spoke to him again.

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com