Thursday, June 02, 2005

Well, I've never been to heaven

I am T-minus about an hour before my flight leaves to return to my native land of Oklahoma. I am co-throwing a bachleorette party for one of my best friends from high school. This will be my sixth (yes, sixth) wedding to be a bridesmaid. Certainly I would prefer to be a bridesmaid and perhaps never a bride, but I still am a little nostalgic when these events pop up.

My good friend Tiff told me that when she gets married (which is ever inching closer) she will want "The Battle of Waterloo" to play (we both have the same "give-up" perception of marriage).

To further cement my rep as a heartless bitch, I would like to share this story of one of Tiff's friends who is happily married now, but was skeptical it would ever happen that way.

She had met this guy (her now husband) who had a lot of money and treated her very well. After a couple years of hot and heavy they took a romantic trip to New York City to celebrate their something-something anniversary.

At dinner, he suddenly got down on one knee and pulled out a GIGANTIC rock of a ring and said "Jane, will you marry me?"

Jane's response: "Yes, I would like to wear that ring."

Cheers to all the happily marrieds out there, I am planning on doing my part on your behalf this weekend.

4 Comments:

Blogger Natty G said...

If not "The Battle of Waterloo," you've at least got to go with a stiring rendition of the immortal "Gimme dat nut"

11:57 AM  
Blogger Patrick J. Fitzgerald said...

Catch the bouquet at all costs!

12:57 PM  
Blogger Tate Stevens said...

You've solidified my belief that no one should get married until they're 30.

My "first round" friends are already contemplating divorce

1:32 PM  
Blogger V said...

Yeah, you're right Tate. People seem to change so much in their 20s...much better to have your shit together.

Catciao: Congrats on the new post graphic though I will miss the fan dearly :)

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com