Tuesday, June 21, 2005

NOT another one

"Oh, well I don't really watch T.V."
--lying asshole who totally watches TV

I am officially pissed. Last night was the first time in about three weeks that I was able to drink some wine while watching TV. And, now, it is official that there is another show on television that I have to watch.

For those of you that have not seen HBO's hit series "Entourage" and happen to have an extra 12-15 hours to get caught up on old episodes and then later an hour a week to maintain, I encourage you to do so. It's a pretty easy plot line (hot guy from Queens makes it in LA with his entoutage [ahhh] of buddies from home...lots of fun banter and good times).

This means that I have in the rotation:

Sex and the City (It's a problem, I know)
The L Word (season's over but still HOT)
Deadwood (I am SO behind on these)
Carnivale (which may be canceled—gasp!)
Curb Your Enthusiasm (Hurts so good)
West Wing Marathon night (I heart Mondays)
Entourage (my newest love and a Marky Mark joint)
The Daily Show (of course)
Bridget Jones's Diary (first one only)
Rushmore (I miss the seasons)
Chris Rock HBO specials (fantastic)
Pride and Prejudice (A& E Colin Firth version)
Big Lebowski (far out, man)
The Secretary (S&M never looked so good)
Dave Chappelle show (I love him even if he is crazy)
Arrested Development (Like a rock)
The Simpsons (obviously)
Family Guy (really obviously)
(sigh)

I mean how can I be a successful workaholic/function alcoholic with all these freaking sweet TV shows and movies. God damnit, I will never sleep again!

15 Comments:

Blogger The Boy said...

V:

Your question has a simple answer: Work less. Because I believe, that if aren't living beyond your means, then you just aren't living.....

9:24 AM  
Blogger The Party Girl said...

A solid rotation. You should look into adding The Thornbirds. Next to A & E's Pride and Prejudice, it's perhaps the greatest miniseries ever made, spanning generations and five continents. . .

Love. Unattainable. Forbidden. Forever.

9:46 AM  
Blogger V said...

The boy and party girl:
Thanks for the posts and welcome to the blog community of DC.

The boy: word, brotha...I am "working" on it and all about beyond my means.

Party Girl: I know, I have it on my "to purchase" list. Also have you seen Mansfield Park (made maybe late 90s)...it's good. It's real good.

10:35 AM  
Blogger Lil DC Diva said...

Good choice of shows. I'm with you on Bridget Jones - loved the first one, the 2nd one sucked and I walked out of the theatre. Haven't seen the L word but I've been meaning to...Dave Chappelle is one of my favorites, and I watch repeats of Sex and the City every night on DVD. Over and over and over and over again. And I have a feeling I'm going to be a sucker for the new season of the Real World. So much to watch, so little time.

11:33 AM  
Blogger cuff said...

I don't have cable and actually don't watch a lot of TV (the main reason I don't have cable is that all I would do then is watch TV), but The Big Lebowski is definitely worth keeping in the permanent collection. Good call.

1:19 PM  
Blogger Johnny said...

ha im watching the secretary now...
that is really hot when he spanks her.
i need to find a girl like that.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Patrick J. Fitzgerald said...

Add Gilmore Girls if you want to be surprised. Rent the DVDs for seasons 1-2 and you will be hooked.

5:55 PM  
Blogger Patrick J. Fitzgerald said...

Also, are we getting NEA support out for Westly tomorrow night?

5:56 PM  
Blogger dn said...

What a timely post to read as I sit on my couch, wondering if I will succomb to Real World: Austin tonight...

I find myself concentrating MORE on TV/movies now and LESS on pop culture websites. Did Tom Cruise have anything to do with this? The simple answer is "yes".

6:40 PM  
Blogger cc heat said...

You should probably add the new Jessica Simpson video into your rotation. Wow.

11:02 PM  
Anonymous Owen Wilson said...

Vanessa -
I remember you once telling me that my movie 'Bottle Rocket' was "fucking awesome" and now it's not even in your rotation. You've changed. Or maybe you were just too drunk to get a hold of your cinematic sense when we met, and you never liked 'Bottle Rocket'. Either way, I feel hurt. Right now I'm vacationing in Kazakstan (the seasons here are beautiful), but I just wanted to tell how disappointed I am not to make your list. NO GANG!

5:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm...pieces are coming together -- V = Vanessa? And, I see an NEA mention as well? Interesting....very interesting...

8:52 AM  
Blogger V said...

Catciao: I cannot watch Gilmore Girls because I am certain I would like it (ask dn) and I just couldn't live with myself. I have another happy hour engagement tonight, but I shall be thinking of seersuckers the ENTIRE time :)

Dn: Whatev, you are totally into TomKat. How was the real world?

cc heat: You're an asshole, welcome aboard.

Owen: I miss you. Bring back Vince and let's get drunk again (cc heat asshole comment also applies here).

Anon: where have you been? I miss you.

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Owen Wilson said...

Vince got stung by a deadly scorpion in the middle of the Kazak desert and asphixiated on his own vomit. We're all very down about the whole thing.

-Owen

p.s. your blog isn't as "complicated" as I thought it might be.

7:56 AM  
Blogger V said...

Owen: You're not as complicated. Far out.

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com