Thursday, June 23, 2005

Haters flashback

V note: Yes, I know it is lame to metablog, but this is the shit that I really love…blog drama.

While still basking in the joy of understanding how to download pictures onto my blog (decreasing shitty level ever so slightly), today is also a good day for you DC blog reader because we are returning to the Era of the Hater.

There seem to be quite a few blog newbies (and I can probably count myself in that group), but for those of you who actually know less than me (that's sad), you should be all aflutter: We're seein' some old school hating between two of my favorite (and probably your) blogs.

Let me take you back:

DC Bachelor is a cool hater. He has a merry band of haters who love to hate (not sure if they have a hater's ball, or who would play Silky Johnson). He enjoys telling it like it is (or how he thinks it is) and has many blog friends and enemies (and lots of readers).

The Cleveland Park Men's Club is a "gentleman's club" where they promote charity events and other goings on (a sort of answer to the KAC void since her departure). CPMC is mostly led by the witty Senator who is a "morally upright" gentlemen and very engaged in the blogosphere.

The love-hate dichotomy of DC Bach and CPMC is delicious, but CPMC and DC Bach have pretty much made nice since the Hater's Happy hour a couple months ago.

But, today is very exciting as we have an old-school affront by DC Bachelor where he hates on the bread and butter of the CPMC, their "Best Practices." One penned by El Greco explores how to have an excellent date. DC Bach decides to hate on the advice and the result is funny and confrontational.

From DCB on El Greco:

"Let’s take a look at some of the advice he’s written…

On inviting her over: 'It takes planning and thought. You aren’t inviting the guys over for poker and cigars. Momentous issues hang in the balance. You’re on stage, pal. This is no time to screw it up. Is that enough pressure?'

I never thought a guy would view a date like planning for a shuttle trip to the moon. You think the girl really cares about what’s in your house? The most action I ever got in my life was when I had a file cabinet as a night stand… A FILE CABINET. "

So, with the Senator already commenting on DCB's post morning, I'd expect we'll get some tasty retort before noon.

Enjoy and embrace how totally lame we all really are. Mmmm.

4 Comments:

Blogger cuff said...

Don't ever apologize for metablogging. In the publishing biz it's called logrolling.

The whole dispute is silly anyway. El Greco and DCB are talking about two completely separate situations.

1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The grubby little kid is a closet case anyway.

1:58 PM  
Anonymous el Greco said...

The dispute IS ridiculous. I just stated how I like to entertain. How DCB chooses to entertain his friends is his business. If he finds some kind of fulfillment by ragging on me, I feel sorry for him, but I don't really care all that much.

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Muffin said...

Actually I find his comments about you hilarious and accurate, Greco. And yet, still stupid.

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com