Wednesday, May 18, 2005

I'm just sayin: Me and older dudes

Preface: I am not bitching or bragging here, I'm just sayin:

So a recent friendly blog proposition (thanks, always nice) by Catciao, in which he said: "V, let this old cat take you out for a cocktail or five and I can expound upon this for you." made something crystal clear: older dudes like me.

Now granted, I am sure Catciao is a tireless flirt, and he was just being a playful kitten, but it's funny how often this happens to me, seriously. I wouldn't think anything of it except my friends who I consider much more attractive than me do not have the same experience. And it never fails, whether the girls I am with are more or less attractive--the older dudes always go for me.

I am 24--I look 24--I assume, I act 24--I am of average attractiveness—I just think it's down right weird.

I think my older dude "magnetism" was maxed out last month in Cuba where I went with my very attractive friend Cat and our other guy friend. Not only did only young guys hit on Cat and zero older men, but I had significantly fewer younger dudes hit on me and the following older men:

British businessman—A member of the cigar and scotch club of Britain, came over and talked to me, and we had a fairly meaningful conversation (I am pretty good at smelling BS) and he proceeded to invite me to his room, blah, blah, blah.

British aristocrat—Later than night, a British aristocrat who sounded EXACTLY like Jeremy Irons (mmmm) told me the funniest stories and then asked me to go to his room and "talk some more."

Manager of Havana baseball team ballpark: He came up to us to check on our best in the house seats (which cost $3 FYI) and proceed in broken, broken English to give me lots of compliments and bemoan the fact that we were leaving Havana that night and gave me about 15 pecks to say bye.

Manager at Tropicana: So this is THE tourist club in Havana where you pay out the ass to watch a show that wouldn't last a day in Vegas. Since we got our tickets at the last minute and our seats were shit, I politely asked the manager if we could be a little closer to the stage. He proceeded to take us to the front table, keep the liquor flowing non-stop and then I had to promise to call him that night.

Older gent that owned French record label: At fantastic club listening to hot chick Cuban band, when this very polite gentlemen comes up to me and proceeds to buy me drinks all night and talk about music and France, later asks me to come back to his house he is renting.

Manager of boy band: We happened to stumble into a club with the hot new boy band in Latin America (very NKOTB / Backstreet), and the manager of the band let Cat and me into his VIP section and bought us drinks and then hit on me the rest of the show (for the record, Cat later made out with a hot Spaniard that wanted to suck her toes).

Needless to say, my vacation pals thought all these older dudes liking me was a little weird. Actually, Cat thought it was downright bizarre (though she did not mind all the VIP treatment and drinks that came along with it).

This may also work in my favor if as I get older, it flips and young dudes are suddenly into my 40 year old bod.

I'm just sayin.


5 Comments:

Blogger H said...

At least older dudes know what they're doing! Keep on pullin' 'em in! Cool site btw!

9:13 PM  
Blogger Patrick J. Fitzgerald said...

V, here is a change up - buy me drinks, I'll let you hit on me, and accept an invite to your flat. ;)

8:02 AM  
Blogger V said...

Thanks, Heather.

Catciao: Glad you saw this and thanks for the offer, but I think "I have to shampoo my hair" ;)

8:10 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

From what I've heard there are some definite perks to dating older guys... (Similar to what heather said)

So I say go for it ;)

12:27 PM  
Blogger Natty G said...

I'd probably talk to you in a bar...and I'm only 25.

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com